Ok, so I just got a Cakewalk recording program for my computer. Last night, i decided to plug my guitar into it with my Digitech RP80, but i was severly displeased with the tone (the distortion amp models all sound like synthesizers). Anyway, now I want to get a good distortion pedal or processer so I can just record directly into my computer. I'm thinking about a Boss Metal Zone, but I wanted to see what other people reccomended. Please keep in mind though that I am only 15 and on a budget.

Thanks
I like the line-6 ubermetal and it's probably the same price or less as the boss one
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Look into a Pod. Recording direct from most distortion pedals is going to sound like ass, unless it has a cabinet voiced out.
I have a boss metal zone, which i dont use, its really buzzy and theres not a good low end to it but i guess it would be ok for some rough recordings?
it will give you plenty of distortion though.
but i think theres better pedals out there.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
yeah man I have the RP300 and through my amp I can't even get a decent tone

I've played a metal zone once, it's definitely a good distortion for pretty cheap, you usually can't go wrong with Boss. Depending on what you play, maybe try an MXR distortion or a Fuzz Face as well, I've heard good things about both.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I play anything from pop punk to metal. A friend of mine has an Uber Metal, but I don't really like it. It may just be how he had it dialed, but im not sure.
Yea i was gonna say a pod but since he was on a budget i didnt know if he was willing to spend that much.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Look into a Pod. Recording direct from most distortion pedals is going to sound like ass, unless it has a cabinet voiced out.

^that would be the best idea
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
I thought about buying a floor pod XT live, but it's too much money, and the cheaper ones didn't seem to get good ratings on different sites. I might get the pocket pod though
theres a guy who owns the place where i take guitar lessons at who swears by using Pods for all his distortion/effects. I've heard they are pretty good.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Quote by LukeBTH
I thought about buying a floor pod XT live, but it's too much money, and the cheaper ones didn't seem to get good ratings on different sites. I might get the pocket pod though

I've been using a PodXT for recording. Check out the link to my soundclick page in my profile. All of my songs were recorded with a PodXT, unless labeled Vetta 2 or Legacy.
Quote by Guitarmiester
I've been using a PodXT for recording. Check out the link to my soundclick page in my profile. All of my songs were recorded with a PodXT, unless labeled Vetta 2 or Legacy.

i would listen to this guy, this guy helped me out a lot getting the right thing for me. if you can afford the MT-2, i would get the pocket pod instead.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.