How would I go about cleaning my guitar? (Getting rid of marks on the pickgaurd and the fretboard, and just making it look shiny.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Bleach and Sandpaper.

Or a polishing cloth DRY. NEVER use windex, maybe on the pickguard, but on the body itself, it will dull it.
Microfibre glass cloths are perfect, I get my from a local domestic shop for about 50p. Don't use any liquid or cleaner unless there's something that really needs shifting.]

On a rosewood/ebony fingerboard I use a little tung, teak or linseed oil but in most cases you can remove buildup with a dry rag or old toothbrush, best done when you're changing strings. Jim Dunlop fretboard cleaner is fine for general use.

Best to do this when the strings are off, and while you're at it you can lightly polish the frets with 00 wire wool, and maybe lubricate the nut to improve tuning stability. For this I use a tiny dab of vaseline or chapstick in each nut slot, then add a little bit of graphite powder (pencil lead).
Thank you all very much.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
i would only add that i use a very fine cloth (^guitar cloth) and guitar cleaner from guitar store for body as just any old rag my actually put scratches in paint

i would use lemon oil (again from guitar store) for rosewood and maybe water on maple. if rosewood, let it sit a while like 10-15 min

i would use .0000 steel wool for frets but only if you feel it is really necessary

just my 2 cents and good luck

;
Dunlop 65 guitar polish and cleaner works well for me.
My Gear: Dame Saint T300 / Rockers T15R Amp