Well im going to buy a new bass tomorrow and i want a fender jazz. i saw that they had the deluxe jazz's but im not really sure if there is a huge difference. is the sound quality better on the deluxe? more versatile? the deluxe is about $200 more so if any one could give me their opinions i would appreciate it
i'm not sure if what it has to offer is worth 200$ more. test the basses out though, see which you like better if possible. if you don't notice any difference then it shouldn't matter. i'd stick with the cheaper one because i'm sure you won't notice too big of a difference.
there are many here among us, who feel that l i f e is

but a [B]joke[/B]. but you and i have been through that, and this is not our [size="1"]fate[/SIZE].
To get a standard spec'd up to that of a deluxe, it'll cost you more than $200.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
if you can afford it, the Deluxe models are worth the extra money, imo. besides, it will save you from having to create a "mod my bass" thread later.
Quote by Sly Taco
You talking american made?????? Or mexicano?????

mexican
I think(correct me Fitz) the only difference is the deluxe has active electronics and noiseless pickups. What kind of tone are you going after? If you like the classic/vintage sound i'd suggest the standard. If you like more of a modern tone, try the deluxe out. I've owned both and i'm definetly a passive electronics man, but you might like the deluxe.
Yep, the structure of the two basses is identical. The electronics are completely different (and I believe American made).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..