Ok so earlier today I was playing my friend's Epiphone SG Special.. and I noticed how much easier it was to hammer on, and pull off than my crappy Strat. Right now on my guitar i have to really jam my finger into the guitar on a hammer on to get even half the noise I get on my friend's guitar. So what do I have to adjust on my guitar to make it easier to hammer on and pull off?

Any help is greatly appreciated.. thanks fellas
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
^^I'm pretty sure we both play Ernie Ball Super Slinky's
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Oh... Maybe it's string height? Don't ask how you go about doing that, it's just a suggestion. Also maybe your Strat just sucks?
jumbo frets make it easier
high gain makes it easier
low action makes it easier
and your ernie ball's might be heavier gauge than his ernie ball's
Just wondering, what kind of Strat do you have anyways? I have a Fender Starcaster Sunburst Strat and some other guitars.
so how would I lower the action?

And megan, I have a Candy Apple Red Starcaster Strat
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
What Guage (thickness) strings do you have?
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
they are

custom gauge
nickel wound
strings

is what my pouch says
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
I think your action may be a bit high... to lower the action you need an alan wrench. Go to the bridge (specifically the string saddles). Saddles vary between guitar, but for mine, which is a squier strat, there are two sockets on each saddle (1 saddle per string). On each saddle, the socket is on the opposite side of the string which rests in the middle of the saddle. You need to use the allan wrench to screw in the saddle, which will lower the action, im not sure which way, i've forgotten, it might be counter clockwise, but im not sure. You'll have to go slowly, and retune frequently. You might just do better to take it into a shop, so a professional can adjust it for ya.

Sorry for the lousy explanation, i did my best, if you really want to do it yourself, you should probably research it on the interent. Good luck
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
hmmm. I guess it must be your action then. I really have no clue how to lower the action.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
I would say it's your action then. I don't know how to lower the action on a Stratocaster because I play on a Les Paul. But, I'm sure there are plenty of videos on how to do it on YouTube.
awesome.. it worked! thanks for all your help guys i really appreciate it
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212