I've been messing around with this A7 and (whatever chord this is
E|-x-|
A|-8-|
D|-7-|
G|-6-|
B|-7-|
e|-x-|
) alot here lately and I really enjoy the sound they produce. I was just jamming with a friend one day and he told me they were "jazz" chords... if so what are some other chords and scales that may go along with them.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Pretty much any extended chord fits the description of a Jazz chord. It's too broad to name any specifics.

Try some 9 chords, they sound pretty damn funky, imo.

Edit: I believe that chord you posted is an Fadd9 chord, by the way. (If it's not, somebody say something.)

Edit Edit: Nevermind, that is far from an Fadd9. Looks like an F major with an augmented fifth and a flatted ninth. The naming for that chord is beyond me.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Last edited by seedmole at Apr 8, 2008,
look up dead string chords, they are indeed rad.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by NotOneWithNames
I've been messing around with this A7 and (whatever chord this is
E|-x-|
A|-8-|
D|-7-|
G|-6-|
B|-7-|
e|-x-|

Your tab's upside down, but the notes are this: F, A, C#, Gb.
You'd just call that Faug(addb9). Ninth and thirteenth chords are commonly associated with funk.

Atari: Nope, there's no seventh and no #9.
The nineth and thirteenth chords i found sounded like ****... anyone care to elaborate on the "broad" structure of jazz?
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Listen to a lot of jazz to get the feel of common progressions - the ninth and thirteenth chords may sound odd on their own, obviously you have to work them into some kind of progression.