I'm planning on buying a guitar from Rondo Music. This is going to be a guitar that I'll use as a backup or an extra for when my friends come over etc. and I wouldn't mind customizing it a little since they're so cheap. I've got a small list to choose from and would like some opinions...

An Explorer knockoff:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1692.html
I've always wanted an Explorer (Metallica fan ) and this would give me some time to get a feel for that odd shape before I got the real Gibson version down the road. I'll probably replace the knobs, maybe the bridge pup, I might put a killswitch under the pickguard even though it would be in an odd place and I might get the strap buttons moved elsewhere because I've heard of this model having problems with neck-dives...

Telecaster:
http://www.rondomusic.com/stl50car.html
I played a Telecaster a while back and fell in love with the shape. I play a lot of Metal and such so I'd replace the bridge pickup, again I might put stuff under the pickguard and I wouldn't do much else but I haven't heard very good stuff from the reviews of this model so I'm kind of hesitant....I still don't want to pay for a full priced Fender though or even the higher end Squires really....

Archtop:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1746.html
This one just looks really comfortable to me it I like how the maple fretboard contrasts against the black body. (Which would normally keep me away from a guitar.) It has EMG's so I might not need to replace anything for a while and I probably wouldn't change anything else on it besides the knobs....

LP:
http://www.rondomusic.com/gg1cusbk.html
Beautiful guitar, I originally considered the Wine Red finish but I love how the Black Beauty style looks...I don't think I'd change anything on this except the pickups but I'm sure they're fine

That's the ones I'm considering, I don't want to spend over 200$ on the guitar itself and I'm trying to get different shapes than the ones I have now. (Strat, warlock and an acoustic that looks like a Strat/Tele mix.) I'm not sure if there's a cavity under all the pickguards so I might not be able to customize all of them as much as I though but getting a new guitar is always fun. Really, I'm kind of hesitant about ordering a guitar in the first place since you can't feel it before buying and I'm picky with guitars but I'm going to go out on a limb for this one...

Opinions are greatly appreciated and I apologize for the lengthy post. (And for future reference, I've asked in a few other Agile threads and didn't get replies.)
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 8, 2008,
I have one of the Hawkers (natural) scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, ill post pics and a review as soon as i can.
I messed up the Explorer link but now it's fixed....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Necrobump.....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I might have to go to GuitarCenter and find a cheap used guitar or something.....Could you replace a 22 fret neck with a 24? I would like to find a Jackson style neck to put on the Explorer or something to that effect but I'm not sure if it will mess anything up...
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I might have to go to GuitarCenter and find a cheap used guitar or something.....Could you replace a 22 fret neck with a 24? I would like to find a Jackson style neck to put on the Explorer or something to that effect but I'm not sure if it will mess anything up...

As long as both necks are bolt on and the same width at the bottom I believe so, yes. You will have to deal with the Jackson headstock and logo on your LP though, which could look very tacky lol.
Quote by edusty2010
As long as both necks are bolt on and the same width at the bottom I believe so, yes. You will have to deal with the Jackson headstock and logo on your LP though, which could look very tacky lol.

I would get a Gibson style neck for the LP....I'm trying to find a cheap one but I think I'm going to have to just deal with the missing 2 frets...I think I've decided on the Explorer though, I've always wanted one ever since I started playing guitar so that will be fun....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I would go with the tele....man i have one about liek that but mine is a fender americain...those guitars have great necks very smooth and ery easy to play...almost as good as jacksoin necks
Quote by BucketHead103
I would go with the tele....man i have one about liek that but mine is a fender americain...those guitars have great necks very smooth and ery easy to play...almost as good as jacksoin necks

I love Tele's but I don't want to risk buying one that won't compare to the Fenders.....My step dad is a big Fender fan so I'm going to advise him to get a Telecaster next time he feels like blowing money on a guitar he won't play. (He has two 500$+ guitars and I'm better than he is.) and I don't want to mess with messing with the Tele so I can play Metal on it, I would feel bad about replacing the jangly pickup...
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
yeah i hear ya there....a good set of pick-ups will run you about 100-200 dollars that not conting getting them installed...but when u choose ur guitar and get it and play it a bit make a review on it...tell us how ur liking it a such...g/l on your choice
Yea, I'm going to review it once I get it......It's going to be pretty funny because my friend and I play a lot of Metallica together so once I get that Explorer, we'll be like a ****ty Metallica cover band since I have an ESP strat already....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
dude, get the ghost. I have one, with and emg 81/85 combo, and it's amazing. I honestly like the feel and sound better than my buddy's gibson. no lie.