Hello again,

I played a breedlove the other day on a whim (it was pretty) and played it side by side iwth a Taylor and honestly preferred the 350 dollar breedlove to the 600 dollar taylor on playability and looks. However, I'm wondering if this was just a fluke or if breedlove actually makes a decent guitar and I should actually consider them while I'm saving up for the next guitar.

also, thanks to those who helped with my string question, I got some new ones, they are wonderful, my guitar has never felt better.

-zC
breedloves should be quite nice. low end breedloves are mainly made in Korea by Crafter and then finished and inspected in the US, so their quality is actually pretty good.
It helps that any Taylor under about $1200 is a huge piece of crap....

buuuuut. Breedlove guitars are pretty solid. While you are in that price range, I'd also check out the Alvarez AD60. Its pretty good for that price range.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
It helps that any Taylor under about $1200 is a huge piece of crap....

buuuuut. Breedlove guitars are pretty solid. While you are in that price range, I'd also check out the Alvarez AD60. Its pretty good for that price range.

I agree with both the statement about Taylor and on the bit about checking out the Alvarez. Have a look here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826894
huge peace of crap my ***. You can say there over priced but to knock there build quality is totally rediculous.

I guess thats why yall get so many threads about how come my taylor intonation is off or how come i have a huge bump on my fret board where it meets the body and it buzzes all over the place. Yeah i thought so! expensive yes peice of crap totally ignorant.
^ I wasn't talking build quality, as I can't really speak to that.

However, when you play a $600 Taylor next to a $600 Epiphone, Breedlove, Alvarez, Parkwood, or Takamine, you'll see what you're getting with your money from Taylor. All of those brands own Taylor in that price range. They use much better materials and sound better for cheaper; yes, its because they outsource their labor. But personally, I'm okay with having a great sounding instrument for not a lot of money.

Don't get me wrong, one of my dream guitars is made by Taylor (714, in case anyone was wondering, but i digress). But as is the case with Martin too, their lower-end instruments can't stand up to the competition. You end up paying a lot of money for the name on the headstock when there are much better values in other places.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
right on i missunderstood your point sorry bout that. Thats the whole reason i tend to stay out of most of theses discusions. What sounds good to jeff may not to larry its so subjective. Some times i forget that when im feverishly typing my replys back oh well back off to work. have a good day

Ha Ha on a lighter note read in another sites forum about a guy buying taylor t shirts and a gentleman posted those "taylor shirts are nice but the martin ones are so much basseir" i spilled my beer laughing
ok thread highjacking over but sure if you like the way a breedlove sounds then why not consider tham when you are inquiring about a purchase again.
go for the breedlove, you won't be dissapointed. the sound you heard from it wasnt a fluke, that's just how wonderfully made they are.
Quote by St.Loony
I went doctors to see if I had AIDs. Apparently all I have is this thing called hiv... So nothing to worry about

Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Breedlove AD25/SM
Marshall MG30DFX
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah