I'm off to college in 1.5 years and I thought that I would be able to tutor people in the play of the guitar, does anyone know how much money you can make, and how good you should be.

For background information, I ve been playing for almost three years, I have started to read a lot of theory stuff, and I know most scales.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
You should learn to read sheet music.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
been tutoring for 10 years i have about 30 pupils a week. Money is decent, patience and encouragement are more important than your Napolionic Chord knowledge or Sweep Picking Ability, in the last 12 months the most difficult thing ive had to teach is Fade to Black.
stay one lesson ahead of the student
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
I don't really see why not. Just make sure you are well educated in a lot of theory related things. Don't be the teacher that does nothing but teach songs and show off his ability. Make sure to teach a good bit of theory related things (Not too deep, just simple things, like chord progressions and scales).
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
I teach about fifteen people in groups of one or two once a week.
It's not hard to do, and it's alright for an extra bit of cash.
Just make sure you know what you're talking about.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
You should have more expensive gear than your student... and use exclusively Jazz III.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Please make sure that your students learn to pick properly. My first teacher didnt teach me any of that stuff. Try to introduce them to all kinds of music.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
you start with some basic songs to learn chords (hotel california, hey joe, etc.), and later you let your student choose what song he would like to learn to play.