Page 1 of 2
Because they don't belong in a specific genre, i had to make one up. i call them Melodeathrashred. any other cool/funny/hurtful names you can think of?
Old stuff: Decent Melodic Death Metal attempts
New stuff: Bull ****
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Melodic Death Metal...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i think i've heard them classfied as extreme power metal. don't quote me on that though.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
how do they not fit into a genre? ever heard of melodic death metal?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
whoever calls alexi and COB emo should die. They are called melodic death metal. Pure ****ing metal. most stuff today is metalcore.
It really depends on the album, since they started as a lot more neo-classical and even a bit black metal influenced melodeath to a lot more thrashy melodeath. But definitely not melodeath in the Gothenburg sense.

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
That emo band that does too many shows in my city.

Love or hate their music, that's just retarded.

Quote by ESP_Shreder
whoever calls alexi and COB emo should die. They are called melodic death metal. Pure ****ing metal. most stuff today is metalcore.

For them to be metalcore, they would have to be influenced in some way by hardcore, which they are not. At all. So no.
yeah, they arnt my favorite band, but they are certienly not emo. and how are they black influenced?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
how do they not fit into a genre? ever heard of melodic death metal?

Can you read? What are the first 3 syllables of Melodeathrashred?
God this band has THE worse fans. Stupid as **** made of pure ignorance.

This thread proves it without a doubt.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by dminishedthingy
Can you read? What are the first 3 syllables of Melodeathrashred?

i can read, but that's just retarded. why classify them as a made up and dumb sounding genre, when they fit perfectly into an existing one?
Quote by The Evil Hat
yeah, they arnt my favorite band, but they are certienly not emo. and how are they black influenced?

It's really just Something Wild, mostly. Back when they started, Alexi personally listened to a lot of Black Metal, Darkthrone in particular.

In turn, his lyrics, vocal delivery and some of his playing is similar to black metal.
Quote by Delanoir
It's really just Something Wild, mostly. Back when they started, Alexi personally listened to a lot of Black Metal, Darkthrone in particular.

In turn, his lyrics, vocal delivery and some of his playing is similar to black metal.

Oh god.

No, they aren't. In any way. Its not even a stretch, its just not true.

Uuggggh. Honestly I hate the mere mention of COB because of shit like this.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
never noticed much of it, but then again, i listened to them way before i got into black metal, so that could explain it. i still don't see how a classically influenced band with fast solos is influenced by ultra minimalist black metal, but okay, lol.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Oh god.

You need to actually research, know what you're talking about, and give evidence, before speaking.

And I just said similar, and influenced. I did not call them Black Metal.

Not to mention that CoB hardly has the worst fans. And EVERY metal band has idiot fanatics.
Quote by The Evil Hat
never noticed much of it, but then again, i listened to them way before i got into black metal, so that could explain it. i still don't see how a classically influenced band with fast solos is influenced by ultra minimalist black metal, but okay, lol.

They are not, and anyone with half a brain can hear that.

COB just attracts idiots.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Why does everyone always make new threads for this band? They have a big-ass thread here already.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Oh god.

if you hate this so much than why do you keep coming back and commenting
GETCHA PULL!!!
only messing out on one small ingredient there...the MUSIC. their music is nothing like emo music, now please stop talking, you're incoherently babbling at this point.
Quote by Delanoir
You need to actually research, know what you're talking about, and give evidence, before speaking.

And I just said similar, and influenced. I did not call them Black Metal.

Not to mention that CoB hardly has the worst fans. And EVERY metal band has idiot fanatics.

Oh god the ignorance would cause me to kill over if it wasn't for the accompanying level of painful amusement it brings me.

Research? Understand? I have in the past owned their first four fucking albums you pathetic excuse for a living being!

Similar? How can you even say that? The similarities begin AND end at tremolo picking for fucks sake. And influences mean nothing! Johan Hegg was influenced by Metallica but that in no way makes Amon Amarth a fucking thrash band.

No, I'm not the one who needs to do his research. You need to take a step back and realize just how foolish you sound.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by bodom_hate_crew
if you hate this so much than why do you keep coming back and commenting

Observe, the philosopher king.

Hint, See: my sig.

Ode to thee, o disastrous love to hate relationship.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Rhyan_EG
Why does everyone always make new threads for this band? They have a big-ass thread here already.

cause nobody likes to read or scroll down
^ Don't even argue with VG, he'll just own you

Anyways, Something Wild has certain Black metal vocal delivery, but that is about it. The main aspects of traditional black metal (extremely meaningful lyrics, tremolo picking on a very standard basis, acoustic passages) are missing.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
^ Don't even argue with VG, he'll just own you

Anyways, Something Wild has certain Black metal vocal delivery, but that is about it. The main aspects of traditional black metal (extremely meaningful lyrics, tremolo picking on a very standard basis, acoustic passages) are missing.

not all black metal has meaningful lyrics or acoustic passages, those, while fairly popular, are far from being large aspects of the overall genre.
Did you not catch the "traditional?"

Traditional = first wave.

First wave has all of what I mentioned, therefore, I rest my case.

Quote by eggsandham2
when most people think of black metal they think of the second wave, anyway, tremelo picking was less common in the first age and the overall sound was different. but this really isnt worth arguing over, anyway. back to pointless CoB discussions until this thread is closed...
Well, I don't care what most people think.

So, I'll just post this.

First Wave BM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Second/Possible-Third Wave

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by The Evil Hat
only messing out on one small ingredient there...the MUSIC. their music is nothing like emo music, now please stop talking, you're incoherently babbling at this point.

Doubtful, since you're the one with mediocre spelling and grammar and you probably only understood my post because I clearly and neatly listed it for you to understand. But I guess the music isn't technically emo, I was just referring to the fact that it seems to be geared at attracting angsty teens like yourself.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Oh god the ignorance would cause me to kill over if it wasn't for the accompanying level of painful amusement it brings me.

Research? Understand? I have in the past owned their first four fucking albums you pathetic excuse for a living being!

Similar? How can you even say that? The similarities begin AND end at tremolo picking for fucks sake. And influences mean nothing! Johan Hegg was influenced by Metallica but that in no way makes Amon Amarth a fucking thrash band.

No, I'm not the one who needs to do his research. You need to take a step back and realize just how foolish you sound.

Oh, wow

If you get this angry over someone liking a band you don't, I really pity you.

Nonetheless, I know that influences mean almost nothing. Which is why I never even said they were black metal at all. At the very most I meant to infer that it had an effect on his playing and vocals.

Of course, we are both only speaking from opinion. To some, there are similarities. Style is more than a grouping of chosen techniques.

Besides, for you to take offense at a band you don't like to have one album that's sometimes, and not even completely said to have been influenced by a genre you do happen to like, is what's foolish.
Last edited by Delanoir at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Doubtful, since you're the one with mediocre spelling and grammar and you probably only understood my post because I clearly and neatly listed it for you to understand. But I guess the music isn't technically emo, I was just referring to the fact that it seems to be geared at attracting angsty teens like yourself.

im not a fan, anyway, im merely saying that to call them emo is ridiculous.
Quote by Delanoir

Oh, wow

If you get this angry over someone liking a band you don't, I really pity you.

You still see but fail to understand.

I never said I didn't like the band. Follow the Reaper is an ok album.
Everything else is **** though.

Its the fans that I hate.

Quote by Delanoir
Nonetheless, I know that influences mean almost nothing. Which is why I never even said they were black metal at all. At the very most I said it had an effect on his playing, which you can tell in the difference in his style from something wild to how they sound later.

When I listen to Something Wild, then Are You Dead Yet, I never think "Oh wow SW is waaay more kireg and black metal then AYDY!"

Why? Because this "effect" you keep pointing to is that Alexi MAY like some BM and has stated that in interviews in the past.

WOW

Instant black metal influence right there wooptie doo.

Its all in your head buddy, and you can hide behind your "lulz its opinions lulz everyone has one!!111!" all you want, but I have the pleasure of knowing you and ONLY you and your ultra cool Hate Crew group believe in this flawed logic while others simply view you as ignorant and foolish.

Quote by Delanoir
Of course, we are both only speaking from opinion. To some, there are similarities. Style is more than a grouping of chosen techniques.

Besides, for you to take offense at a band you don't like to have one album that's sometimes, and not even completely said to have been influenced by a genre you do happen to like, is what's foolish.

And this.... this just speaks for it self.

I could sig that out of pure joy just for the lulz.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

ozzy osbourne wears eyeliner and nail polish. his stuff is available at every store, ever. he sings the odd sad song, and basically sings about similar subjects to CoB.

call him emo you'd get shanked.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge

While what your saying, sadly, is true, it only wield relevance and truth half the time.

There ARE Bodom fans that aren't all like this.

Just not many,
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
You still see but fail to understand.

I never said I didn't like the band. Follow the Reaper is an ok album.
Everything else is **** though.

Its the fans that I hate.

Fair enough, I think that every metal band has idiot fans.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
When I listen to Something Wild, then Are You Dead Yet, I never think "Oh wow SW is waaay more kireg and black metal then AYDY!"

Why? Because this "effect" you keep pointing to is that Alexi MAY like some BM and has stated that in interviews in the past.

WOW

Instant black metal influence right there wooptie doo.

Its all in your head buddy, and you can hide behind your "lulz its opinions lulz everyone has one!!111!" all you want, but I have the pleasure of knowing you and ONLY you and your ultra cool Hate Crew group believe in this flawed logic while others simply view you as ignorant and foolish.

I personally don't really think that CoB are black metal at all. What I should have said is that they were at one point classified as that by some, as a matter of large contention. To be more specific.
Page 1 of 2