I can tap perfectly fine, the only thing is its so quiet. How do you make it louder? Also how do you stop the string from bending? In the main riff from thunderstruck it always happens. thanks!
more gain... if you have a wah pedal use that as a boost

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
well your not tapping perfectly then.

only thing i can tell ya is to start slow till you are able to get the volume to be the same as freted notes. you also might want to try to tapp a little harder with your fingers.
maybe you're not pulling off/hammering hard enough, also, turning up the treble, gain, and lowering your string height may help you out.
maybe its your action...maybe its too high? you prolly need to get it set up seeing that you are relatively beginner...otherwise i guess its your technique
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Just hit it harder, and Thunderstruck doesn't have a tap part in the opening its just Thrilling.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by JohnnyPaul
Just hit it harder, and Thunderstruck doesn't have a tap part in the opening its just Thrilling.

lolz
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Use a compresser?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Stop the bending? Don't play so hard, and don't keep contact when you tap. It should just be a "tap" nothing more.

your fingers will get used/better at it.
what exactly is trill? when i (try to) play thunderstruck i just use alternate picking, or if i feel like messing around tremelo picking and then just hit the notes. is that wrong?
Quote by FreakShow99
what exactly is trill? when i (try to) play thunderstruck i just use alternate picking, or if i feel like messing around tremelo picking and then just hit the notes. is that wrong?

then it's not actually tapping

the problem is, you're pulling the strings way too much... if you're picking them, there's no need for pulling them. fretting would be enough
1 - concentrate on your right hand not your left when playing. These are usually the most important notes of a sequence and create the vibration needed for your left handed notes.

2 - try and tap with more of a stroking motion and less perpendicular to the neck. This way your tap acts like a strum as well as a hammer-on.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!