I have a Squier Strat and a Frontman 15G amp. On the strat, what do the two tone knobs do? (I know it changes tone, but what exactly is the tone?) And for the amp, I have a few knobs. What does the gain, drive volume, treble, middle, and bass do? Can someone explain what each one means? Thanks in advance.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
I have the same pack.

Turn the tone knobs to 0 and play, and then turn them to 10 and play. You will see a difference.

Turn the gain to 10. Drive volume is the overdrive (distortion) volume.

Play with the treble, middle and bass knobs to find your sound.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
The tone knobs cut or boost the higher frequencys in the guitar pickups. Drive is the amount of distortion. A generally good idea is to keep you bass around 7, your mids around half maybe, and the treble almost at full. It should give u a decent distorted sound.
Quote by QuebecMetal
I have the same pack.

Turn the tone knobs to 0 and play, and then turn them to 10 and play. You will see a difference.

Turn the gain to 10. Drive volume is the overdrive (distortion) volume.

Play with the treble, middle and bass knobs to find your sound.

+1 just fiddle with it
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
+1 just fiddle with it

+1

It's impossible to properly describe what they do and have it make sense, experiment with them and listen for yourself - you'll be able to HEAR what they do for yourself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com