Gotta learn this song by saterday. Tips? Also, are there and better tabs for the fills? The ones I found suck. Normally I dont do tabs, but considering the time restraints...Ive got from the begining to the first fill down today, but I need help.
Last edited by zeppelinfreak51 at Apr 9, 2008,
Does it have to be exact? I myself would improvise fills in the same area on the fretboard and a similar style, just to make things easier on you.
The PowerTabs are dead on.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by qotsa1998
Does it have to be exact? I myself would improvise fills in the same area on the fretboard and a similar style, just to make things easier on you.

They can be slightly variated, but they have to be close. And I dont have power tab fitz.
Quote by onebetter
theres an excellent powetab on this site for the song. That's what I used to learn it, and I won 1st in a bass competition for playing it.

What do you need to learn the song for? Are you playing it with a band or with a CD? Some details could be helpful.

Need to play it for an audition.
Fill #1

G-5/7----11-9----12(hold)-----14\
D-----/10------11--------12-----14\

Fill #2

G-5----7-5----5----4/5-----5
D----6------7----7-------7-----7--6--5\

Fill #3
G-5-5------6-7-8/9-12-9/11-----9-7-14/16-B\14---12--11/12\11-----------5--4
D------7-9----------------------------------------A--------------------------14\-r---5--4
A--------------------------------------------------R-----------------------------------harm--7\
If you can't spell Saturday, then your already in trouble.

If you are good at bass, and you practice it a lot, you should be able to get it down in a couple days. I however, am no better at YYZ today then I was the first day I started playing bass.
Quote by IndianRockStar
If you can't spell Saturday, then your already in trouble.

If you are good at bass, and you practice it a lot, you should be able to get it down in a couple days. I however, am no better at YYZ today then I was the first day I started playing bass.

Then you obviously aren't that great at bass

I recommend using Guitar Pro, which is able to be aquired by means I am not at liberty to speak of at the moment. I'm not sure about Powertab, but in Guitar Pro you can practice at slower speeds to help get the hand motions right.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
wait what the hell. YYZ is by rush is it not?

EDIT: Oh goddammit man learn how to spell so i don't look like an idiot. SATURDAY.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Quote by TagRingo
wait what the hell. YYZ is by rush is it not?

EDIT: Oh goddammit man learn how to spell so i don't look like an idiot. SATURDAY.

lol, I thought that at first too . The only thing I have to add is that Geddy doesn't play the bassline exactly as it is live, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting it 100% accurate or anything. If you want to try powertab, just google powertab. It'll probably be the first thing on the list
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Im so close I can almost taste it, but what mode is the 3rd and final fill in? Or at least what is the scale pattern used to make it. Once I learn this fill, Ive got this song down.
Dude, I feel like an idiot. It was major.

EDIT

Well, if you wanna get technical its lydian if your assuming C is the tonic pitch.

^ I dont like tabs, I cant memorize the song as fast as when i learn it by ear.
Last edited by zeppelinfreak51 at Apr 10, 2008,
If you get guitar pro, it can convert Powertab files into GP files, thus making Powertab pointless to have.
To late for guitar pro and power tab, already got it. And Im really against tabs personally because its harder to memorize the stuff then if I just learn it by ear.