So I want to upgrade from my current spyder xtra, and I was thinking about this specific gun here:
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=4143R5wOsoc35tvyxYX375ba3W1oT18SJOU=?ProductID=kijAqArbJc4AAAEX8FGXnNZe
I figure with a decent electronic hopper and an HPA tank, this would be a decent woodsball gun. So, is it?
Listen to CKY.
The 98 is durable as hell, I'd get it. Or go A-5.

I've got an Imagine '05, nothing is stock on that gun and it DESTROYS in woodsball.
All your base are belong to us.
yes
i have pretty much the same gun, it is so much better than a spyder it is not even funny. none of the balls break in mine and it is so accurate. it is ver y good
get it
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
i have the regular 98 custom, and its awesome for woodsball. it shoots pretty fast, you can throw them at a tree and it'd be fine, and they're pretty accurate and such. never used the E-trigger one though.
I'd get a regulator, maybe a cyclone feed and a 12" barrel, maybe a Smart Parts of some kind with it. A Revolution 12v would suit your needs fine if you didn't get a cyclone. Keep the trigger stock, maybe do a spring mod to make it faster, electronics are sometimes more of a hassle in woodsball.
the 98 is a great marker, and with some modifications will definitely be better than your spyder for woodsball.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by highvoltage66
i'm sure there's a better forum than ultimate-guitar for stuff like this

haha pbnation.com
Pretty kick ass gun. I used to have a modded out 98 with a Response Trigger System, Halo Hopper, 14" barrel, after market bolt, etc but I traded it for guitar stuff. Good gun though but I would rather have an A-5.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
ive used it before for woodsball, reliable if u have a decent barrel and stuff
Wake up
Your hiding in your nightmares
Your screaming behind closed eyes
What the hell are you waiting for
I'd go with the 98 unless you want to shell out a little more for the A-5.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I'd get a regulator, maybe a cyclone feed and a 12" barrel, maybe a Smart Parts of some kind with it. A Revolution 12v would suit your needs fine if you didn't get a cyclone. Keep the trigger stock, maybe do a spring mod to make it faster, electronics are sometimes more of a hassle in woodsball.

Why are they more of a hassle? Where I go, a lot of people use electric guns.
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks

You've got to worry about your battery, moisture getting the the electronics if everything isn't sealed correctly, etc.

I've had my Spyder Imagine for 2 years now, put countless time and money into it. It can pretty much rip through anything else, speed and accuracy wise, speed or woodsball. But sometimes I like to take my old 98 out and accumulate some headshots. Mechanical guns are just a lot nicer for maintenance than electrics.
I'm selling one with a double finger trigger and a 14" barrel if you're interested.

But yeah, they're definitely good guns. I wish I had the time/energy to play paintball more often.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by cky_rocks

sure if you want a neon gun that breaks down all the time.

98's the best gun you can get. its like the ak-47 of paint ball. No maintanence, good accuracy, easy to upgrade.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
You've got to worry about your battery, moisture getting the the electronics if everything isn't sealed correctly, etc.

I've had my Spyder Imagine for 2 years now, put countless time and money into it. It can pretty much rip through anything else, speed and accuracy wise, speed or woodsball. But sometimes I like to take my old 98 out and accumulate some headshots. Mechanical guns are just a lot nicer for maintenance than electrics.

What exactly do you mean by sealed? Like the grips screwed on tight or something?
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks
What exactly do you mean by sealed? Like the grips screwed on tight or something?

Yep, pretty much. We play rain or shine, and I always screw my grips tightly and wrap some electrical tape around the parts where water could get into the electronics.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Yep, pretty much. We play rain or shine, and I always screw my grips tightly and wrap some electrical tape around the parts where water could get into the electronics.

Oh, thats not too bad. I just want something that has a decent rate of fire.
Listen to CKY.
Tippmann 98 has a pretty good BPS, and it's rugged as hell so it'll last.
Do you mean stock, or with the e-trigger? I don't want to waste money if the e-trigger isn't really all that necessary.
Listen to CKY.
dont get the tippman 98, or any tippman, you could do a lot better for around the same price, i havent looked this stuff up in a while, but last i checked smart parts ions were 200, and just checked http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=8R9ynAHNsO5yKkYxw_uyNAtrOFUyqOx2ByI=?ProductID=P6XAqArbGfgAAAEBJ9hekf3f go get that, u will be happier
Thats hardly even an upgrade dude spend a few more clams and get a Smart Parts Ion.
HPA for a Tippmann....sheesh what overkill.

At least ditch the HPA, cuz those guns are designed for CO2, and get a barrel upgrade and a new bolt instead

EDIT: Nephalim we think alike.
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
Last edited by Ash on fires at Apr 8, 2008,
get an A-5. the 98 is good but the A-5 will last forever. youll want to upgrade from your 98 in a few months, at least i did... get a response trigger and you can get about 12 BPS without any electronics. the A-5 comes with a cyclone feed too so you wont have to worry about upgrading. depends on preference for the electronic. youll get about 24 BPS but who needs to use that much paint? youll just end up spending more money on balls if you get the E trigger.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Lol. actually, thats cheaper than the tippmann. Are Ions good for woodsball?
Listen to CKY.
They are great all around guns for the price, and are perfectly fine for woodsball, or any ball for that matter.
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
woodsball guns imo are a crock of ****, any gun can be used for woodsball, when i paintballed frequently i would do woodsball with my shocker and that "speedball" gun worked wonders, dont buy into the whole woodsball only gun thing is basically what im saying, the ion is versatile, and cheap, and u can use it in all situations
ok, thanks for all the help. I think i'll go with the ion.
Listen to CKY.
If you're stepping up from a Spyder Xtra, you gan go higher than a 98 custom.

Definitely go for the Ion. It's very similar to the A-5 in being rugged, and there are literally TONS of upgrades for it. It's quick, and it gets the job done. You're gonna need HPA to run it, though. A good barrel and a force feeding hopper are heavily recommended, as well.

Don't let the electronics aspect fool you. The tourney scene is incredibly rough and tough on guns, sometimes even more so than in woodsball.

Just take care of the gun and it will take care of you.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by graybass_20x6
Just take care of the gun and it will take care of you.

tru dat good maintenance is key on all markers, keep that baby lubed up nicely, and give it a good cleaning after each day of use