ok i just got my squire bullet today and ive never had a electric guitar but ive had a acoustic ...

but now i got this im wondering about the whammy bar i got it in right now but im not sure on how to use it correctly i hear it a lil bit but not that much.

i can only move it down and barely hear it working

is there something im not getting
wanting to try and get the most out of it

thanks i would like the tips and help
Advice.

Don't use it. It's on a cheap Squier and it will throw your strings out of tune faster than dropping it out of a 2nd story window.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
It will mess up your tuning but make sure your amp is loud enough to where you can notice any change, hit the low E then do a dive....get it slightly close to the body and that should be far enough to hear something change...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
my only guess is that you're not pressing harder. the above dude is right, it will send your tunings straight to hell most likely, but if you really wanna have fun with it (and it is a lot of fun, trust me =) press harder down on it. I had a squire strat and i could press that mofo down pretty far. Careful, if you really overdo it you can break your bridge, but i'd say just press harder.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
They both covered it pretty much. You should hear the tremolo arm on a first act imitation strat. omg....worst sound possible. BTW I thought you needed help with distortion?
Quote by RazorbackDevil
This man is cool in my book. He apparently likes boobs as much as me.
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

i smell a hate thread brewing!
The tremolo is a physical effect, when the bar is parallel to the strings you can push it down towards the guitar body to raise the back of the bridge and lower the pitch of the tuning. Just turning it does nothing...except unscrew the bar
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
alright thanks guys to the guy who said i thought you needed help with distortion i meant to delete that and put whammy bar my bad