Alright, My birthdays coming up so I'm looking for a good drive pedal, and an Expression pedal that goes with it.
My style is alternative rock, and Christian rock. (Sounds from Hillsong United preferably).
I don't want anything too heavy but not anything too light at the same time.
I heard the Ibanez Tube Screamer is a good one for me.

And as for the Expression Pedal, I heard the Ernie Ball Volume Pedal was best?

Thanks.
Which ones the best option? and Why?
I don't care much about the price now, cause I have like 300 dollars.
What's your current rig?

A volume pedal is a pedal for volume. Different from an expression pedal, and different from a wah.
I have an Epiphone G400
A Marshall DFX Amp. 50 Watt I think..
And the only pedal i have is the classic BOSS GT-3 which is in NEED of new sound.
I want a expression pedal because the music I play, there's alot of "crescendos"..
Uhh I don't know how to say it but
I need to go from clean to drive, and from drive to clean multiple times.
I sortof want the drive the build up instead of directly switching from clean to drive. It sounds weird.
buy a new amp
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
What you want dosn't really exist. You could wire an expression input into a distortion pedal to let you control the distortion with the pedal, or use a volume pedal on the OD channel of a tube amp, but that's all I could think of offhand.
well youre amp could use changing first but if you dont feel like doing that then get an OD. The fulltone sounds really good but there are a TON of pedals. Im going through the same thing right now and im looking at the OCD and the visual sounds jekyll and hyde. But there are SOO many.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by LeeSympathetic

I sortof want the drive the build up instead of directly switching from clean to drive. It sounds weird.

There really isn't anything like that. A simple volume pedal might do it, but you might need a tube amp for that to work well. There is some pedal that has a an effects loop in it, so that you can blend a distortion pedal in with the original signal.

But if you had a tube amp, you could do it with just the volume control on your guitar and picking dynamics. Example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_12Ler9B8
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by LeeSympathetic
I want a expression pedal because the music I play, there's alot of "crescendos"..
Uhh I don't know how to say it but
I need to go from clean to drive, and from drive to clean multiple times.

i think the new line6 pods have a similar function but you really need a new amp, not effects!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
I think the TC Electronic Nova System allows an external expression pedal to control the "drive" parameter, but it's like seven hundred bucks plus whatever the expression pedal costs.

Here's something to think about: The amount of overdrive that the amp is producing is heavily dependent upon the level of the guitar signal. Therefore you can obtain some very intense "drive swells" simply by rolling onto a volume pedal that's being used as a volume pedal presuming your amp is up to the task (but you have a solid state Marshall so scratch that idea).

If you want to get creative, you can replace the "gain" pot in an overdrive pedal with a 1/4" jack and then run it to a volume pedal (with a similar pot value). Of course the larger issue there is the level increase you'll experience when going from a clean sound to a dirty one.

The bottom line is that if you want to be able to achieve this type of effect you'll need a responsive amp. My Soldano can go from squeaky clean to quite crunchy on the clean channel based solely upon how hard I pick (without a dramatic volume increase) and I can set the crunch channel to pick up exactly where it leaves off at. I don't expect you to be able to obtain something like that in the near future, but you can work toward something better. Look at tube amps, perhaps something well rounded and inexpensive, or perhaps a basic single channel amp. Most single channel tube amps require you to use picking techniques and volume adjustment to go from clean to dirty smoothly.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
With a tube amp's natural overdrive you can use your picking dynamics to vary the level of distortion - the softer you hit the strings the cleaner the sound.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
there's a voodoolabs OD pedal which basically sounds like an 808, but has a blend knob to mix wet/dry signals. you can probably mod it to have an expression pedal instead of that knob, but that takes a bit of knowledge/skill..
I don't know about clean to OD but you can go from little distortion to a lot with a volume pedal. I once did that with a Digitech Death Metal because it has no knob for gain and I realized the gain can be turned down by lowering the volume on the guitar.