HA! I made you hover!!
But me and a friend have gotten the go ahead from our town to open a recording studio. So what brands are the best when it comes to mixing boards/mics/sound-proofing materials, etc?
btw: cost is nothing, we might be able to apply for a 4 grand loan from the bank and another 5 grand from our city for helping them solve the sound/noise bylaw problem.
Quote by djmay71

btw: cost is nothing, we might be able to apply for a 4 grand loan from the bank and another 5 grand from our city for helping them solve the sound/noise bylaw problem.

When you say that, does that mean you're only gonna have 9 grand to go from? That'll be enough to get you a computer or two to work on...
I always wondered why the frisbee seemed to be getting bigger and bigger. And then it hit me...
if you want an entire equipped studio, that $10k will dry up faster than you think. Remember renting out a building, paying taxes, paying staff (if you need them). But really, you can spend $10k on a mixer, or two pairs of mics, without breaking a sweat these days.

That being said, try the riffs and recordings forum for more tips on mics and soundproofing.
A "good" recording studio can cost tens of thousands if built within an existing building. In the millions if custom designed from the ground up.

$9k may furnish you a halfway decent two-room home studio with moderate soundproofing, digital recorders, mics, effects and other needs. I personally wouldn't expect to record more than for myself and friends with a $9k studio.