Poll: Do you have glasses or contacts?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have glasses or contacts?
Yes, glasses. I love them.
17 12%
Yes, glasses. They're OK.
45 32%
Yes, glasses. I hate them.
11 8%
Yes, contacts. I love them.
28 20%
Yes, contacts. They're OK.
13 9%
Yes, contacts. I hate them.
0 0%
Nope, and I love it.
9 6%
Nope, and I don't really care.
13 9%
Nope, and I want glasses/contacts.
4 3%
Voters: 140.
Page 1 of 2
Used the searchbar, but every other topic was either out of date, or was about a specific part of them (they make you sexy, nerdy, etc.)

So do you wear them? Do you wear contacts? Or... Do you not wear them?

If you do, do you like them? Hate them? When do they annoy you? When are they good to have or bad to have? And so on and so forth.

I just got contacts today, and I love them so far. A bit difficult to get in (mostly the left one; I'm right handed), but it was amazing when I did it. They aren't even my perscription (he pulled them off of a shelf) and they are better than my old perscription. Didn't realize that the trees by my house had so many branches...

So, discuss if you wish.
They keep all of the different prescription (uhhh I'm not sure what you call it I guess powers?) in that shelf, so it probably is your prescription, which is why you can see good now.

But yeah I wear contacts. They are sooo much better than glasses in my opinion. I hated having glasses in the way of everything. Contacts suck though when you rub your eye and they get stuck on top of your eye.
I wear both, but I usually wear my glasses more because contacts are a pain in the ass.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I wear glasses. Not all the time, though (even though I really need to). I usually just wear them in school, or when the situation calls for it.
I dunno, my glasses annoy me but I put up with them. I kind of want laser surgery.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
What are they like, do you cut your eye ball if you don't put them on properly?
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
glasses. contacts seem like too big of a process to deal with everyday.
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
I wear contacts during the day, and glasses at night. I have absolutely terrible vision, and I can't see anything without them.

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
I love my contacts. I won't wear glasses to school, and it's nice to read the board.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
I wear glasses...I used to hate them, but I'm okay with them now. I'm blind without them.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
I would like to rant about the contact lens Nazis

have you ever just tried to buy some contacts from someone other than your optometrist, even if you have a recent prescription on hand?

I have been to 6 or so places that sell contacts, every time I give them my prescription, they demand I pay for an eye test, even though I have the recent and complete information in my wallet.

****ing Nazis, I'm 1000km away from my optometrist, and nobody will sell them to me!

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I've had my glasses for so long I'm afraid I'd look silly without them.

I do own both contacts an glasses but since I have such a large perscription (especially for astigmatism correction), contacts are a grip of money (even with my employee discount, I work at an optometrist's office).

Quote by sean_etc

No, they have the consintency of plastic wrap, if that.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by sean_etc

no, they're soft and very comfortable, until something gets in your eye, then it sucks. Anyone have experience with that laser eye correction surgery? If it really works i'd love to get it but I'm skeptical
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
glasses for me. i personally hate the frames i have, i wanna get thicker ones
but my perscription isn't that strong, so i should only be wearing them when im on the computer/reading, but i wear them all the time.
my fiance wears both contacts and lenses, but like me, it isn't that strong. she only needs them for driving.
and when im on stage, its all out perscription sunglasses
I'm thinking of getting contacts. are they less of a hassle than glasses (mine were always getting broken and messed up). Also, i hear they're pretty hard to put in your first few times.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I'm switching from night hard contacts to day ones, so I wear soft contacts for now, but I'm getting hard ones sometime soon. The hard ones are a lot easier to put into your eye and they correct your astigmatism.
Quote by sean_etc

No, they just sort of... slide off of your lens. You get better at it though. They couldnt cut through a fly, they're so flimsy.
i wear contacts, i love how they fix my eye site and stuff, but i hate taking em out and putting em in all the time. pretty annoying. i think my prescription got worse cause i wear them too often, so my eyes got too dependent. its not that i need them to see really, i just can't make out details from far away (such as words) :P actually, that kinda contradictory, XD

i hate glasses
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
I have contacts and love them. I can see perfectly now and they are way better than glasses for me. I don't really have the face for glasses...
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Glasses. Just recently. And I'm totally happy with them. My friends and family think I look good with them. And my boyfriend (Kai07--who has glasses, too) just adores them.

I, personally, NEED them for my right eye. It's so messed up that I'd be completely blind in a couple of years without these glasses to fix them. And I wouldn't be able to pass my driver's test! D: That'd be horrible.

But all is well, now.

And I could never get contacts, by the by. I just can't stand the idea of something touching my eyeball--especially me just to put some lenses on them. =/ Ew.
Holy hellfire. I seem to be back.
Quote by Carswell98
I would like to rant about the contact lens Nazis

have you ever just tried to buy some contacts from someone other than your optometrist, even if you have a recent prescription on hand?

I have been to 6 or so places that sell contacts, every time I give them my prescription, they demand I pay for an eye test, even though I have the recent and complete information in my wallet.

****ing Nazis, I'm 1000km away from my optometrist, and nobody will sell them to me!

Do you give them your glasses perscription, or contacts perscription? Yes, there is a difference.

Quote by ironman45
no, they're soft and very comfortable, until something gets in your eye, then it sucks. Anyone have experience with that laser eye correction surgery? If it really works i'd love to get it but I'm skeptical

You have to wait untill you're 21, (or at least untill you stop growing).
Even after that, LASIK surgery doesn't last forever, alot of people have to wear reading glasses years afterwards.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by ironman45

It can, but a friend of my dad did it like 10 years ago. Somehow it was messed up and he's blind now, but on the bright side, he buys really cheap tickets all the time to concerts and is ALWAYS moved up really close to the stage.

For the most part, I wear contacts. I actually like the way I look without glasses.
The first time I tried to put them in, it took me like 2 hours to get it right. Now it's really easy and it doesn't take me 2 minutes to get them in or out.
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Last edited by Confused2316 at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by Kate~Chan
Glasses. Just recently. And I'm totally happy with them. My friends and family think I look good with them. And my boyfriend (Kai07--who has glasses, too) just adores them.

I, personally, NEED them for my right eye. It's so messed up that I'd be completely blind in a couple of years without these glasses to fix them. And I wouldn't be able to pass my driver's test! D: That'd be horrible.

But all is well, now.

And I could never get contacts, by the by. I just can't stand the idea of something touching my eyeball--especially me just to put some lenses on them. =/ Ew.

For some reason, girls always looked good in glasses (from my point of view), but guys seem to look less good. I'm not so sure why... Oh well. It works with some people, not with others. And it's opinion anyway.
I started wearing eyeglasses when I was in grade school and I love em. It depends on the style of glasses that you're gonna get. Just make sure that you will not look like an idiot or something just because those glasses look cool.
I use contacts when I'm out and glasses when I'm at home. I personally prefer the contacts because its amusing to watch people cringe as you pull out a tiny object out of your eyes
Buying glasses even though my vision is a slight better than 20/20. I love the look, sue me.
Quote by Angels Fighter
we once had night of just slapping each others ass. Is that incest?

call me evan.

bass militia's pretentious dick. pm dinkydaisy.

the trap i set for you seems to've caught my leg instead.

<meh> I'm pro black penis in my bum
Quote by mrwaffles
Contacts > glasses. To be honest, I wish I didn't need either.

Yeah, me too. I'm going to get lasik surgery or whatever when I'm older. That'll be great (provided it works correctly). But, contacts will do.

Quote by Piro Gonzalez
Buying glasses even though my vision is a slight better than 20/20. I love the look, sue me.

I'll get my lawyer.
Last edited by Msu_Man04 at Apr 9, 2008,
I'm the only person to vote "No, but I want contacts/glasses"
I like glasses, but I don't need them by any means.
But, you know, I think the ones my friend Ellie has look kinda good on me, so if I were told I needed glasses, I wouldn't mind.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Glasses they get the job done Plus when you have eyes smaller than howard moon your thankfull glasses make your eyes seem bigger.
I think I look good with glasses. Had them about 5 years, and hated them at first. Now I wear them all the time, but its probably not good for me.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
i love my contacts because they help me to see clearly. i hate when i don't have them in and everything is blurry i wish i didn't need them at all though.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Glasses are easier, and I can see better, but I love the freedom my contacts give me in martial arts and stuff - being able to charge at people without fear of breaking my glasses is a great feeling.
I have glasses... I have mixed feelings.... Right now I hate them becuase they can never be cleaned properly... There's always gonna be a smudge on the glass, which is uber annoying.
Page 1 of 2