My mom doesn't want me, not doesn't let me, to watch south park. I'm 14 and don't swear around people,just to my self and I don't act immaturely.
My point to all this is how much effect do you think t.v. has on people.
on a side not she also doesn't want me, again not doesn't let me, to listen to Rammstien, what are your thoughts on this. Hope I'm not to confusing
That sucks. Blame Canada.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Dude southparkstudios.com has all the episodes on it that are okay'd with comedy central. It's some really insightful stuff even your mother will appreciate. No I'm really serial!
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
That sucks, but at least now you can enjoy the nice weather. Go play soccer or something. Or just hang out outside. It's been so nice out.
Reasons like this are why when you turn 18- GTFO!!!

I live on my own, bottles of beer everywhere, joints burning in the living room, people over whenever, i make the rules- no censorship FTW.

Just tough it out bro- soon you'll be out of that hell hole man..4 years bro!
Quote by guitarplayer769
My mom doesn't want me, not doesn't let me, to watch south park. I'm 14 and don't swear around people,just to my self and I don't act immaturely.
on a side not she also doesn't want me, again not doesn't let me, to listen to Rammstien, what are your thoughts on this. Hope I'm not to confusing

My parents don't allow those kinds of things either. Doesn't stop me, though. Just don't let them find out.
No^ Just Blame Canada. Serially.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Reasons like this are why when you turn 18- GTFO!!!

I live on my own, bottles of beer everywhere, joints burning in the living room, people over whenever, i make the rules- no censorship FTW.

Just tough it out bro- soon you'll be out of that hell hole man..4 years bro!

Haha, that sounds awful. When I have my own place it probably won't be clean but I'm definitely not leaving that kind of stuff around. That would just be depressing.
Quote by iamnotrabid
Haha, that sounds awful. When I have my own place it probably won't be clean but I'm definitely not leaving that kind of stuff around. That would just be depressing.

Its a band house man- chicks, booze, instruments everywhere. The band life is definitely not some people's cup of tea
I tried to say this on in my original post but she I said she doesn't want me to, she lets me but she would prefer that I don't. hope that cleared things up.
and as I said what effect do you think t.v. has on people?
Quote by Zander155
God I hate SouthPark...

i bet you secretly love south park
its impossible to not like it. at least a little bit
Call me Trey.
Quote by guitarplayer769
I tried to say this on in my original post but she I said she doesn't want me to, she lets me but she would prefer that I don't. hope that cleared things up.

tv only has effects on stupid people that cant think for themselves.
average people just watch tv for entertainment, they dont let it influence their personal lives usually.
Call me Trey.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Its a band house man- chicks, booze, instruments everywhere. The band life is definitely not some people's cup of tea

i want instruments everywhere though. i wish i had every instrument so i could just mess with them whenever i wanted to.
tv creates serial killers, or was that books? i forget
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by guitarplayer769
My mom doesn't want me, not doesn't let me, to watch south park.

^ your mother loves you alot. south park is just one big sh!t fest now. its so horrible.
Quote by guitarplayer769

None. None, whatsoever.
Quote by iamnotrabid
i want instruments everywhere though. i wish i had every instrument so i could just mess with them whenever i wanted to.

Yea I wish..the instruments around here are all pretty standard..theres an organ and a couple harmonicas, but other than that just the usual ones..

I'd kill for a nice piano, a double bass and a hurdy gurdy..
Quote by guitarplayer769
In all reality I think I've been more affected by some books that I have read than any t.v. show I have ever watched.

yeah same here. I mean, anyone who watches or plays a violent movie or game and goes "wow i can do that in real life and the consequences will be the same" clearly isn't right in the head in the first place
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by guitarplayer769

Well, I'd just watch and listen to it anyway. Hell my mum have a good bond, so she endorses me watching stuff like this just so we can make jokes about it later. Your taste in culture is up to you, not her, and I think she is just acting on behalf of paranoid media influence that state that heavy music and contoroversial tv is the catalyst of the rising crime rate, which of course is bull****.

I mean, example being that, I live in a very quiet, residential district of Sydney, where everyone knows everyone and criminal activity is a vast rarity. The other week, a local 16-year-old murdered his father and stabbed his mother then proceeded to attempt to go to school and commit a year group massacre, down the street from me. It was on the front page of the news. Of course, the first thing the ****ing stupid media mention is that he listened to heavy music and played violent video games, carefully ommitting that the cuase may have been that he was officially mentally unstable and diagnosed with a mental disorder, but no, it was the ****ing heavy music. I hate the ****ing media!!!

Basically, tell your mother that, logically, you would have to be completely stupid and brainless to let something completely unaffiliated with your moods and reactions influence your daily life.

As for the effect of T.V, it has little to no effect, unless you are completely idiotic beyond recognition or rescuem and are looking for an excuse to justify criminal action.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by guitarplayer769

wtf!!!how can u not listen to rammstein?!1 of the best bands in the world dude.just **** it and l2em.look till lindemann says sum pretty messed up stuff in sum songs but unless u can speak german wats the big deal?
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
The lastest episode sucked, it was just felt like "LOL PUTTING POP CULTURE REFERENCES MAKES AN OTHERWISE BORING EPISODE FUNNY!!!!!111 HAHAHA THEY KEEP SAYING THAT THING THERE, REPETITION MAKES IT FUNNY!!!!1111!1111111111111111"
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Saffron_Inferno
wtf!!!how can u not listen to rammstein?!1 of the best bands in the world dude.just **** it and l2em.look till lindemann says sum pretty messed up stuff in sum songs but unless u can speak german wats the big deal?

well its funny you say that......
my video
Quote by IncubusMan999
Well, I'd just watch and listen to it anyway. Hell my mum have a good bond, so she endorses me watching stuff like this just so we can make jokes about it later. Your taste in culture is up to you, not her, and I think she is just acting on behalf of paranoid media influence that state that heavy music and contoroversial tv is the catalyst of the rising crime rate, which of course is bull****.

I mean, example being that, I live in a very quiet, residential district of Sydney, where everyone knows everyone and criminal activity is a vast rarity. The other week, a local 16-year-old murdered his father and stabbed his mother then proceeded to attempt to go to school and commit a year group massacre, down the street from me. It was on the front page of the news. Of course, the first thing the ****ing stupid media mention is that he listened to heavy music and played violent video games, carefully ommitting that the cuase may have been that he was officially mentally unstable and diagnosed with a mental disorder, but no, it was the ****ing heavy music. I hate the ****ing media!!!

Basically, tell your mother that, logically, you would have to be completely stupid and brainless to let something completely unaffiliated with your moods and reactions influence your daily life.

As for the effect of T.V, it has little to no effect, unless you are completely idiotic beyond recognition or rescuem and are looking for an excuse to justify criminal action.

I pose this question to the media why aren't there TONS more murders if metal makes you psycho?
Quote by guitarplayer769
I pose this question to the media why aren't there TONS more murders if metal makes you psycho?

Oh there are millions of questions I would pose to the media, had I the voice to do so. The methods of media in modern society is disgraceful and degenrates everything that doesn't appeal to a mass market, promoting it as cultural diversity, the exact opposite of thei actions. Plus, with funding being taken at any level, the media is either ridiculously overrun by corporate influence or some form of authority, be it government or business, controls the right to free speech and the portrayal of the news to the people.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
My mom asks me on Wednesdays if there's a new South Park or not so we can sit down and watch it together.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Cool. It's not all bad. It's good you are how you are, I mean...being mature and responsible and all. It's also good, in my opinion, that she doesn't want you to do this stuff. She's just looking out for you. In a way, she's being a really responsible parent.
T.V. could have an effect on young children who don't know better. However, the responsibility here lies in the hands of the parents.

Same goes for video games. People shouldn't blame the games for causing their children to act violent. If rents think it's the games fault...why do they let the child play it in the first place? or even why let them buy it? Parents are so irresponsible now-a-days.

Anyways, I digress. About your mom being the way she is...like I said, it's not all bad. It may be annoying, but as long as you stay the way you are (responsible and mature), she shouldn't get any worse.

Wow, I hate when this happens, I'll be thinking about the perfect answer to a thread...and I'll type this big long thing and realize, I have no clue what I typed (or if it makes sense). I hope it does make sense for you.

edit: The whole night crew at toys r us used to sit around and watch an episode of south park off a DVD on our main half-hour break. I'm not a huuuuuuuge fan of the show, but it's not horrible.
Last edited by StJimmy88 at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by StJimmy88
Cool. It's not all bad. It's good you are how you are, I mean...being mature and responsible and all. It's also good, in my opinion, that she doesn't want you to do this stuff. She's just looking out for you. In a way, she's being a really responsible parent.
T.V. could have an effect on young children who don't know better. However, the responsibility here lies in the hands of the parents.

Same goes for video games. People shouldn't blame the games for causing their children to act violent. If rents think it's the games fault...why do they let the child play it in the first place? or even why let them buy it? Parents are so irresponsible now-a-days.

Anyways, I digress. About your mom being the way she is...like I said, it's not all bad. It may be annoying, but as long as you stay the way you are (responsible and mature), she shouldn't get any worse.

Wow, I hate when this happens, I'll be thinking about the perfect answer to a thread...and I'll type this big long thing and realize, I have no clue what I typed (or if it makes sense). I hope it does make sense for you.

I'll have to disagree with your last statement for that made perfect sense and I applaud your sensibility and wisdom. Yes she is just looking out for you. To a degree, most modern parents are raising their children on methods that don't require direct attnetion and then get all hyped up about a new 'revelation' that the media releases, and to a degree, it is parent's faults for this half-arsed attempt, but she is doing what she thinks is best, so don't blantantly raise the '**** you' attitude. Just approach it maturely and respectably and that is really the best you can do.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
I think you mum is right, not wanting you to watch SP. I find it mildly amusing, but I wouldn't say it is suitable for 14 year olds. It's crude, crass, horrendousley offensive to nearly every religious, ethnic and disability group. I wouldn't let my kids watch it until they were at least 16. That is my opinion.

As for the Rammstein thing, I feel it is a little on the harsh side. I wonder if they sang in English (and yes, I know about the few atrocities they sang in English) would your mother have the same problem? Is it the fact that she can't understand them make her not want you to listen to it?

Afterall, they aren't that heavy in the scheme of things...