Im curious on the diffrences between the mesa mark Iv ,short ,medium and rackmount heads? Is there a diffrence in sound and which would be the best to go with a 412 mesa cab?
well rackmounts pretty self explanatory, it's a a rack amp
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
the rackmount is a short head, there is a kit they sell to rackmount it. The long/med head has 2 switches on the front, EQ and harmonics switch, which are on the back of the shorthead. This enables it to be physically shorter and fit in a rack. No difference in sound. There are differences in sound between the version A and B heads though. http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/MarkSeries.html
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yup, pretty much what Erock said, though with the Rackmount kit, the reverb doesn't fit so you have to go without it, so technically it's different.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yup, pretty much what Erock said, though with the Rackmount kit, the reverb doesn't fit so you have to go without it, so technically it's different.

yeah, that's true, you do lose the reverb tank by rackmounting it. Not a big loss imo, the Mark IV reverb is notoriously flatulent, lol. I know a lot of guys that just unplug it anyway. The loop makes up for it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids