This Time

hello people just a song for you all to crit this song, its in demo form at the moment and still need vocals,

Just let me no what u think of the idea of the song thank you and ill get back and crit your music aswell

Thank you all
The guitar riffs are cool, and the synth is a nice touch, but some of those harmonies between the two sound a little odd. Kind of sounds video-game-ish (probably why it's called "pac-metal"). The section 2 minutes in was cool. Same with the clean riff afterward.

A lot of great ideas here, and you could definitely expand upon it.

(I still have no idea what "C4C" means.)
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
The guitar riffs are cool, and the synth is a nice touch, but some of those harmonies between the two sound a little odd. Kind of sounds video-game-ish (probably why it's called "pac-metal"). The section 2 minutes in was cool. Same with the clean riff afterward.

A lot of great ideas here, and you could definitely expand upon it.

(I still have no idea what "C4C" means.)

thanks for that, but may i ask did the link take u to the wrong song, because i got confused when u were saying stuff and i was but thats not in the song then u mentioned pac metal but that ok the review is till very positive and greatly appreciated,

C4C mean crit for crit

but once again thanks for the review and im glad someone actually adding in somewhere to change and expand on, thanks for taht over all
Quote by Martindecorum
thanks for that, but may i ask did the link take u to the wrong song

Whoops, I looked at the sig, not the post! XD

In "This Time", I'm not really feeling the guitar tone. The playing is fine, but the tone doesn't seem thick enough. The chords are nice, though. I really like the melody on that one.
Quote by travislausch
Whoops, I looked at the sig, not the post! XD

In "This Time", I'm not really feeling the guitar tone. The playing is fine, but the tone doesn't seem thick enough. The chords are nice, though. I really like the melody on that one.

yes thank you for that, i think the reason may be why the guitar tone isnt all that great is probably because of i did it line in, which your right makes it sound not to great, but its in demo form and im just trying out new things until i get the right sound of what i want to end up with
]
but thanks any way ive also crited one of your songs which i found was great lol peace
Quote by Martindecorum
i think the reason may be why the guitar tone isnt all that great is probably because of i did it line in, which your right makes it sound not to great

I admit, lacking a working guitar amp and decent mic setup has forced me to take that route myself. Fortunately, my Digitech RP200A has some decent amp modeling sounds, so I can avoid some of the same problems myself. But the tone of a decently miked guitar amp is far superior
I think it sounds great man, it sets a great atmosphere and will work very well with vocals if you choose to add them later. The transitions are executed quite well and everything melds together nicely. My only advice would be to add a bit more variety to the cello part. Overall you've really got something nice to work off of and I wish you the best of luck with any future musical pursuits.
Quote by ledfloyd7769
I think it sounds great man, it sets a great atmosphere and will work very well with vocals if you choose to add them later. The transitions are executed quite well and everything melds together nicely. My only advice would be to add a bit more variety to the cello part. Overall you've really got something nice to work off of and I wish you the best of luck with any future musical pursuits.

thank u very much im glad u really like it, vocalswill be coming over time but im just to shy to sing so im trying to find someone who can sing the melody line very well locally lol

seeing that the song is in demo form, it gives me great opportunity to adjust the cello line try something new and make it more interesting,

so thank u very much for your comment all is appreciated
Sound great man! I'm feeling it. The cords and drums sound great, something that I think is lacking in this song is on awsome slow guitar solo or something. Besides that, I don't have much to crit! Rock on!
The first thing I noticed was that the initial synth sound was very professional sounding, so kudos on that. The inital guitar has a nice bell-like tonality to it, which I like. The second thing that really stood out was that the piano felt really stilted and unnatural, this is probably due to the fact that it's a synth piano and there's probably not much you can do about that. Might be improved by adding a few quarter notes here and there to make it dance more. The heavier rhythm guitar sounded really dry, which cheapened the effect of the song. The drums were also really dry, but again that's a pitfall of synth-based sounds.

As far as the composition goes, I liked the minor falls, they were compelling at times.

Pretty good job overall. Good timefeel, good composition, good blending of the instruments, mostly just the production needs work.
thank u for the comments the good + bad, u went really indepth with it and for that i thank u .
yeah at the moment the synthy piano cant be helped nor the drums but probably later on i can some parts with REAL instruments,

im glad u like the actual composition as u look past the artificial sound of the actual song

and for the production work, its a long learning curve of understanding everything and what not.

so thank u very much

Edit: do u have anything that i could have a peek at , for me to crit on
Good effects through out the song I'm not too keen on the guitar effect though it could do with some tweaking. The piano sounds good too 4.5/5
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
Last edited by coolo at Apr 14, 2008,
Quote by Jonathan1234567
I think this was put together so well. I particularly enjoyed the cello parts, and your transitions flow so well. Its such an original composition as well, which is just fresh compared to alot of work out there. I absolutely loved it, and it was a pleasure to listen to. All the best mate.

Thank u so much john. im glad u like my song and the cello part as well.

this is great thank u

do u have anything for me to check out of urs?