so i'm getting a half sleeve, when i have the money, and my current idea is as follows

i love traditional japanese style, and i also love landscape/nature/wave tattoos

im thinking of either

1. incorporating minus the bear's planet of ice album artwork into a wave/tradition japanese style tattoo

or

2. blending the snowscape of the album together to form a half sleeve.

i like this idea because it combines my favorite band for many years (using a subtle reference) with the kind of tattoos i like

i want to know if the average everyday UG poster think it is a lame idea, or something that has potential. the few people i had asked so far didnt have much to say, so before i ask the rest of my friends i wanna see what people think.

heres a picture of the artwork

Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
That would be pretty clustered, would take a very skilled artist, and would be very expensive.

Besides, a tattoo is supposed to say something more personal about yourself than just your favorite band.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
i think you should take it to the body mod thread

buttt, as for me, well to be honest I don't think that will turn out well as a sleeve tattoo....I can't picture scenery as being a good idea for a design
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Dude, don't get a band tattoo, if in the future you stop liking them, you're screwed.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by kitty_teh_fish
wonder what it'll look like when your old and bitter.

global warming
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by lespaulrocks39
That would be pretty clustered, would take a very skilled artist, and would be very expensive.

Besides, a tattoo is supposed to say something more personal about yourself than just your favorite band.

Tattoo's don't have to have some deep hidden meaning. I don't know why everyone thinks this....
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
you have a pretty bad taste in tattoos.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
If you know a phenomenal tattoo artist then that could look amazing, but I'd think the vast majority of tattooists would end up making that look like crap.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by lespaulrocks39

It's not, actually. You can get a tattoo for any number of reasons.

Anyway, I think the idea has merit, but it wouldn't look good as a tattoo. Good looking tattoos are generally things that have a lot of concrete detail, such as lines, edges, definitive minor details, and things of that nature. That landscape seems a bit bland and has too much subtle detail to turn out that well as a tattoo. Sorry man.
Quote by NutZz?
Tattoo's don't have to have some deep hidden meaning. I don't know why everyone thinks this....

Because if you're like most people and are limited to where you can have tattoos, you can't just go on a whim and tattoo something on yourself that you may not care for months, or even years down the road. The guys that have done my brother's tattoos won't even do tribal tattoos because they are, quite frankly, a waste of ink.

This, of course, is just my opinion.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
Quote by Anty 7
I think tattoos suck

then why would you bother to give your opinion to TS about his particular tattoo idea, if you don't like tattoos at all.....
Quote by nebraskan
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
i think if you really want to get a tattoo then don't ask other peoples opinions
get something you like and stick with it (as if you could do anything else)
I want Super Saiyan abilities
Well I plan on getting a tat of the band that got me into music and guitaring because of them I made it to where Iam.

So dude I say shoot for it.... Maybe a little simpler but just think about it for awhile.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
You have to think really hard before getting one. Is it something that you want stuck to you for the rest of your life? I have two on my back.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by vlp_dope
you have a pretty bad taste in tattoos.

and yours would be better how? id like to see what kind of tattoos you think are leagues better then japanese style. and if you say biomechanical, pin-ups, tribal, new school, or fantasy then none of those are better then the other, its just a matter of opinion
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Because if you're like most people and are limited to where you can have tattoos, you can't just go on a whim and tattoo something on yourself that you may not care for months, or even years down the road. The guys that have done my brother's tattoos won't even do tribal tattoos because they are, quite frankly, a waste of ink.

This, of course, is just my opinion.

well, I was just saying that I don't think tattoos have to REPRESENT something special, thats all. but yeah, they should be meaningful to you, at least.

and agreed that tribals are a waste of ink.
Quote by nebraskan
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
Quote by NutZz?
well, I was just saying that I don't think tattoos have to REPRESENT something special, thats all. but yeah, they should be meaningful to you, at least.

and agreed that tribals are a waste of ink.

You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am, so I'm sorry if I came off too strong on that.

As the person above started, it's art, therefore it's subjective to each person's own tastes.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha