ok i love the beatles but i wanna see what people think made the beatles so good.

like what made you like them and stuff
they were original. try to be exactly like them.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Just the general cuteness of their shape. It's the most round car out there, and it screams out "Hey, look at me. I'm different."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i cant stand them...but that just me
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by darkstar2466
Just the general cuteness of their shape. It's the most round car out there, and it screams out "Hey, look at me. I'm different."

ya. its like i listen to a lot of music. and going from now a days to beatles record's like white album and stuff they just are wow. idk why but they still are amazing and they sound way better than anything out here now.
Quote by floyd matt
ya. its like i listen to a lot of music. and going from now a days to beatles record's like white album and stuff they just are wow. idk why but they still are amazing and they sound way better than anything out here now.

woah u totally missed that joke
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
they changed rock n roll, just like hendrix, zeppelin and a bnch of other greats, to be great, or even a legend, maybe you should change rock n roll...
Quote by floyd matt

right over this ones head.
I have no opinion on this matter.
songwriting, it was catchy, appealed to nearly all genders and ethnicities/cultures. they didnt contain themselves to one genre
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Their melodies and their way of writing songs were at the time really different to everything that had been going on. Although its really simple now.
the beatles were innovators in every sense of the word. there is a biography about the beatles that's about 1000 pages long (can't remember the name). It's a very good book. Go read it.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
not a fan at all, i too, would like to know what is so great about them
i personally can't stand them
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Quote by floyd matt

Way to not read his post.
Assuming he's serious, wouldn't this go in Bands and Artists?

Surely there is a Beatles thread who will be delighted to answer him.
Quote by Lefty7Stringer
not a fan at all, i too, would like to know what is so great about them
i personally can't stand them

i love them but i wanna see why everyone eles does and see what people think of there stuff.
Never really liked The Beatles, myself. But it's easy to see why they were such a hit. They stood out. They were fresh. They brought change. And their music was catchy and well-written. As with any other influential musician or band - Hendrix, Zeppelin, Sabbath, etc. - it's important to look at them from the eyes of someone living in the '60s or '70s (or whatever the time period may be for the band, i.e. Nirvana in the '90s).
Well, early on, good marketing. Later, quality songwriting.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
For a lot of people, it was a movie... Across the universe to be precise.

But it was their devilish good looks.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
the best band in the world!they were so original...no one made music that sounded like em at that time
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
umm.... they dressed like pretty boy's and made pop music....

then they did drugs and made weird music (which at the time was sooooo cool)

so the Beatles are ****ing overrated....
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
i think they had an almost universal appeal due to the general lack of elitism that prevents many modern day music lovers from getting into other genres. They know who they are. Although the fact that the girls loved them helped.

I once read something about Lennon and MacCartney writing a song for the Stones, and the finished it in a really short amount of time. i guess what i'm trying to say is that they had a songwriting duo that could stick a song together in 5 minutes flat, and it would be a hit.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
They lived in a time where shredding and br00t4l 3picn3ss wasn't needed for someone to be regarded as barely mediocre, hence having a sense of good timing and only needing to write ****ty simple songs laced with lyrics about the times in order to become rich and famous.

Then John Lennon died and everyone went sad and started to worship them after their heyday.
Quote by Mav-16
umm.... they dressed like pretty boy's and made pop music....

then they did drugs and made weird music (which at the time was sooooo cool)

so the Beatles are ****ing overrated....

No they aren't, they are musical genuises!!

Only the cleverest of people marry pirates...

Jokes, but if you were 15 back then, you would be their biggest fan probably...

EDIT:
Quote by -Vogel-
They lived in a time where shredding and br00t4l 3picn3ss wasn't needed for someone to be regarded as barely mediocre, hence having a sense of good timing and only needing to write ****ty simple songs laced with lyrics about the times in order to become rich and famous.

Then John Lennon died and everyone went sad and started to worship them after their heyday.

Like the 1960's version of Pantera!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
What made the Beatles so good is this thread being in the appropriate forum, i.e. Classic Rock.
Hi, I'm Peter