Hey i was wondering what a good price for this amp would be. Its slightly used.

And can anyone tell me about this amp? Im looking to play mostly metal with it and
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
It would be a good choice for metal, but also what is your budget? Because I can recommend some other, better choices if you tell me what your dealing with.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
1000 tops prefered. It can move by a bit if its REALLY worth it.
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Try to extend your budget a little and find a used Mesa Mark IV. It will rape the V3 in pretty much all classes.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
It would be a good choice for metal, but also what is your budget? Because I can recommend some other, better choices if you tell me what your dealing with.

better choices?..im not too sure about that.
My 2nd guitarist owns a V3 and keeps right up with my mesa trip.rectifier just fine!
That amp is pretty F'n sweet if you ask me.
Also the head sells for $899 i believe,so in excellent condition,i'd say $700.
Quote by PsychomanZ
My 2nd guitarist owns a V3 and keeps right up with my mesa trip.rectifier just fine!

+1

I have the v3 then went into a store and tried a triple rec and couldnt believe that it was the same standard. i got mine for £350 but that was a steal

Alternatively you could get a used 6505 which has more gain and a very dark sound and buy the metal monster pedal, which is very like the v3s sound. Amazing pedal.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEssXFNVqM
Being a V3 owner/tweaker since last year, I can say that this is a FANTASTIC amp. New they're a grand...used about 700-800 US.
As far as the Mark IV goes, yep its a better amp. I'd love to have one, but it costs more and takes about two years to dial in great tones, but yes a better amp.
Triple ?Dual Recs...same thing. Great amps, have a million knobs which EVERY ONE HAS TO BE PERFECT or you sound like ass and they are wayyyyyyyy too powerful for practicle use.
Plus they have one sound. Listen to Nickelback.

Go here to ask your V3 questions. You'll get very intelligent responses.
http://www.carvinbbs.com/viewforum.php?f=4&topicdays=0&start=100
Quote by SteaminGeezer
+1

I have the v3 then went into a store and tried a triple rec and couldnt believe that it was the same standard. i got mine for £350 but that was a steal

Alternatively you could get a used 6505 which has more gain and a very dark sound and buy the metal monster pedal, which is very like the v3s sound. Amazing pedal.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEssXFNVqM

Boy that Metal Monster pedal does sound like a V3. I just listened to the clip.
Quote by PsychomanZ

I own a V3 and have chatted with many V3 owners on the Carvin site. Yes, this thing pwns and gets close to that Mesa tone. The amp absolutely rocks and i love it. I consider this amp to run with the rest of the guys from Marshall, Peavey and Mesa.

Although this is similar in sound, nothing beats the original Mesa. For the price, it cannot be beat, period.