Today is 1 year since i've picked up guitar, so i just recorded me playing chromatic scale so you can guys rate it ^_^

I can do same playing* on 150bpm, but was to lazy to record up to that cuz i was recording from 100bpm, so anyways i'm so tired even my brain cant think so just press the link and rate the playing... thanks!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Nomak1/skills/play269887

1. Yep, I'm self taught.
2. Not learning any songs... just practicing and jamming over backing tracks, but I do have some random recordings, uploading right now.
3.I can play master of puppets from beginning to the very end ^_^ (down picking) not the second solo though
4.I always practice on 90BPM, when I feel that I am cleaner then I was a week before, I try to play on 150bpm for example, then for few days I'm going to play on 150bpm and then go back to 90bpm... and again... when I feel cleaner I try to play at 155bpm and so on...
5.I can play up to 180bpm but it sounds sloppy and I cant control my self, so no use in playing at those speeds yet ^_^

P.S. I'm not trying to become shredder or anything... I prefer David Gilmour's solos then all these "super fast cant understand what he's playing" ones, it's just that I'm going to mix my slow bends with fast rundowns like malmsteen has in most of he's songs

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Nomak1/skills/
Last edited by Nomak1 at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by Nomak1

sounded really good and played very well, did u self teach yourself?
The picking was quite good but... can't you play a song instead?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Pretty good picking, but boring to listen to. Can you play a solo in a song like that?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
You sound great! Under your name you have guitar god, and look at mine. lol

Now I reccomend you learn how to play Master Of Puppets as in your avatar.
I 've been playing 7 months and I can do the first 5 minute of it.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Slow down play clean.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
better than me. i can pick that fast my fingers just dont like to stay coordinated...
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
1. Yep, I'm self taught.
2. Not learning any songs... just practicing and jamming over backing tracks, but I do have some random recordings, uploading right now.
3.I can play master of puppets from beginning to the very end ^_^ (down picking) not the second solo though
4.I always practice on 90BPM, when I feel that I am cleaner then I was a week before, I try to play on 150bpm for example, then for few days I'm going to play on 150bpm and then go back to 90bpm... and again... when I feel cleaner I try to play at 155bpm and so on...
5.I can play up to 180bpm but it sounds sloppy and I cant control my self, so no use in playing at those speeds yet ^_^

P.S. I'm not trying to become shredder or anything... I prefer David Gilmour's solos then all these "super fast cant understand what he's playing" ones, it's just that I'm going to mix my slow bends with fast rundowns like malmsteen has in most of he's songs

Last edited by Nomak1 at Apr 10, 2008,
Quote by Nomak1
1. Yep, I'm self taught.

+1

My first 'guitar' anniversary is in June

I've been learning lots of songs though. Like all the songs I can remember of, speccially solos. Lots of Pink Floyd, some Mark Knopfler, Police, GnR and Metallica...

I also use the backing tracks on my digital keyboard a lot (never had guitar lessons, but had keyboard - 'piano'- lessons for many years, so I have some gear) which can be accelerated or slowed down, so I'll usually end up playing some blues scales up and down the fretboard. I'm currently comfortable at 130-140 bpm.

I wish you good luck on your learning progress
that was nice, but on the 90bpm to 150 bpm jump, try taking it up in smaller increments like 90, 95, 100...etc. it will take longer, but it will help you
Quote by ironman1478
that was nice, but on the 90bpm to 150 bpm jump, try taking it up in smaller increments like 90, 95, 100...etc. it will take longer, but it will help you

I started from 50 and had improving speed on 60, 50/65, 50/75....

this means that all day i practice on 1 slow speed even thought i can play almost twice as fast.... but when i get twice as clean.... then i try to push my self even beyond.... anyways this is my logic of training....

and it's working....