hey im 15 and my familys moving to brisban from auckland

just wondering what can i expect. how safe? how is the music scene(im into mcr, a7x, greenday, red jumpsuit, the used ect)

any good music festivals?
what about high schools?

anything you want to add!
Quote by To The End

Yay! Is that a question!

But seriously, the music scene isn't that great. But the judging by the music you like you should like it.

It's pretty safe, unless you're actually moving into the actual city instead of near Brisbane. Just don't go out after 11.
i lived in brissy for something like 6 years
the music scene is good, always bands playing there. i saw smashing pumpkins just the other night
it has its good areas and its rough ones tho
I loved Brissy (from a backpakers POV). There was a very good looking metal fest just after I left, and there were some pretty good gigs there too.

The park is pretty good, it's near the Uni at the bottom end of the CBD. The fake beach had a fair bit of totty there.

Shame you're 15 and can't drink legally yet!
while your struggling to afford the high price of beer, we'll be reaping the benefits of the free trade agreement with china (namely 2 dollar chinese - female - *****s)
I moved from West Auckland to Gold Coast when I was 8, cool place, a LOT less graffiti everywhere, nice beaches, nice girls, nice everything. Brisbane's got a good music scene; the entertainment centre has the big acts like Foo Fighters, Taste of Chaos and such, while places in Fortitude Valley like The Tivoli have the smaller bands, MCR were there last year.

You'll have fun.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Plenty of people like the same music as you around here.
During the day it's as safe as it gets as long as you don't annoy anyone.
As far as music festivals go that you'd like we have a couple of decent ones.
Highschools in the city centre are pretty good, outskirts can go either way.

Basically it's a good place, people are generally allright, but like anywhere you'll find assholes
Last.fm

I saw tail lights, last night, in a dream about my old life
Everybody leaves so why, why wouldn't you?
Quote by To The End
hey im 15 and my familys moving to brisban from auckland

just wondering what can i expect. how safe? how is the music scene(im into mcr, a7x, greenday, red jumpsuit, the used ect)

any good music festivals?
what about high schools?

Hey man, Brisbane is alright I used to live there for about 3years, always bands playing and there is a scene for what you like. be careful of pine rivers and fortititude valley on friday and saturday nights tho its gets bluddy rough.
Quote by Axeman25
Hey man, Brisbane is alright I used to live there for about 3years, always bands playing and there is a scene for what you like. be careful of pine rivers and fortititude valley on friday and saturday nights tho its gets bluddy rough.

This is the place to be in Brissy! Seriously.
All Queenslanders are evil!

Come down to Hobart
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
you shouldn't be worried about safety, its fine..dont let anyone scare you. not too different from capital cities in New Zealand.

and u know...generally speaking...

Australia > New Zealand in music....srsly
Quote by saphrax
This is the place to be in Brissy! Seriously.

Haha, depending on what time you go there. If you're out on a Saturday night, it's always good to have a few mates with you - I've had a couple of issues in the Valley, but nothing that can't be sorted out. Saw some people getting dragged unconscious down Brunswick Street last Saturday night, it's always an eventful place
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Haha, depending on what time you go there. If you're out on a Saturday night, it's always good to have a few mates with you - I've had a couple of issues in the Valley, but nothing that can't be sorted out. Saw some people getting dragged unconscious down Brunswick Street last Saturday night, it's always an eventful place

Best (or worst - depending on your POV) thing I saw in Brissy was from the balcony of the Palace hostel (just near central train station). 2 blokes having a massive fight in the street, stopping cars and all that. Out of nowhere 7 different police vehicles flew in, busted them both, then some idiot on the roof of Palace threw a glass bottle at the police. Was carnage.

Ken Oath, ****in eh and all that.

Love Brissy!
Well come to Brisbane, start liking hardcore/metalcore. You will be in heaven.
Go to these myspaces Mourning Tide, The Amity Affliction, The Daylight Curse, Wish for Wings. All of them are from Brisbane or Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast. They play lots. Theres ****loads more bands from other states that always come here too. As for festivals, look up Overcranked on google or something. Amazing lineups every year.
OPTIMUS PRIME
I moved to brissy from auckland in january. Brisbane is okay, hellavalot bigger than auckland and the people are nice and people don't randomly pick fights with you that much.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by saphrax
Best (or worst - depending on your POV) thing I saw in Brissy was from the balcony of the Palace hostel (just near central train station). 2 blokes having a massive fight in the street, stopping cars and all that. Out of nowhere 7 different police vehicles flew in, busted them both, then some idiot on the roof of Palace threw a glass bottle at the police. Was carnage.

Ken Oath, ****in eh and all that.

Love Brissy!

I've seen somebody get killed in the Valley (I think, there was blood, an ambulance, firies and a Chaplain) and a guy who died after having a heart attack in Central.
You just gotta be in the right (or wrong) place
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
omfg not another kiwi coming to australia to abuse our public system, like every other **** that comes to australia from nz.

anyways. well brisbane is cool.

if your into them bands, you will probably have fun with the rest of the 400+ emos that sit in queen street mall drinking goon and painting your nails.

have fun getting bashed
Quote by xdeathxcorex
omfg not another kiwi coming to australia to abuse our public system, like every other **** that comes to australia from nz.

anyways. well brisbane is cool.

if your into them bands, you will probably have fun with the rest of the 400+ emos that sit in queen street mall drinking goon and painting your nails.

have fun getting bashed

I remember an article in a local Brissy newspaper. It went something like

"Introducing the new tribe: The Emo"

It wa so funny. Really, the reporter had no idea, and the kid he picked for the photo was a 12 year old with a Nirvana hoody on and some blue baggy jeans....
Melbourne is the best for music easy.......
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
High school: you either want to go to a GPS or an AIC school. That or Kelvin Grove or The Gap State High. Besides that most of them are pretty disgusting.
I could write songs as bad as Wham's if I really felt the urge to, but what's the point? - RS
Oh man, a kiwi mixed with MCR, please GTFO

lol nah kidding dude, Brisbane's alright, hopefully the accents not too strong and you'll be fine
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
Quote by sattelitecity
High school: you either want to go to a GPS or an AIC school. That or Kelvin Grove or The Gap State High. Besides that most of them are pretty disgusting.

that is my school
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by saphrax
I remember an article in a local Brissy newspaper. It went something like

"Introducing the new tribe: The Emo"

It wa so funny. Really, the reporter had no idea, and the kid he picked for the photo was a 12 year old with a Nirvana hoody on and some blue baggy jeans....

i can imagine lol

oh dear, how sad for that poor grunge fan lol
lol

i dont see why everyone here thinks the valley is such a bad place, in complete honesty i've been there every weekend (almost) since i turned 18, and i've only witnessed two fights...one was a chick bashing a rapist and the other was 400 parkway drive fans kicking the **** outta some cops...

to reply to TS, brissy generally kicks ass,

have a look at Overcranked and Soundwave for festivals, and wander over to Rosies/Snitch in the CBD for all your live music needs...there is however wayyyy to many emo kids in and around queen street...as far as high schools go the inner city ones are alright, not great, but head and schoulders above any state school i've ever seen...

still, welcome to the 2nd greatest city on earth
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
My cousin moved there about 2 years ago from the UK, he says its great! spends his days at GOLDEN??? beach or something. He lives in the suburbs though
Quote by rage__against10
you like gay music.
therefor i will ignore your post and move on to someone i can respect.

no one wants advice from a judgmental ****-wit anyway.

if you get bored gold coast and dream world arnt far away. beats rainbows end...
'id give you one of my beers but i only have six' - deja voodoo
Quote by Shredder XXX
lol

i dont see why everyone here thinks the valley is such a bad place, in complete honesty i've been there every weekend (almost) since i turned 18, and i've only witnessed two fights...one was a chick bashing a rapist and the other was 400 parkway drive fans kicking the **** outta some cops...

haha i woulda been there 4 that
You can expect hookers, drug dealers and rape in Brisbane. Move to the sunny happy place known as the Gold Coast
more sig required.
Melbourne is the best for music easy.......

Yeah.... no
WA FTW!!!
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD