hey guys...

i need a new amp for gigging...my band plays metalcore/metal...

i have 800 up to 1000 Euros to spend...so which cabinets and speakers would you recommend me?

thx in advance
An ENGL of somesort or a Peavey 6505/5150.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
An ENGL of somesort or a Peavey 6505/5150.

Thats pretty generic brother. Have you even played the entire ENGL range and peavey 5150/6505 series?

I'm going to assume that your happy to go for a second hand amp.

I'm also going to assume you can just use a tube combo, then get a good quality 2x12 rather than get a cheap 4x12.

Seeing as your in Europe, a Laney LC30 II should be rather cheap, and they are awesome. Maybe there is a head version, I really don't know.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
What are you complaining about, I'm about to buy your cab hahah :P
Well depends what happens on that MXR thats floating around in the gear sales but yeah.

The Peavey 5150/6505 series are one of the best for modern metal. You will also be able to find them second hand, I think the Krank Rev is the king of modern metal. Those amps seem to be stupidly priced though.
I've only played an ENGL screamer combo (only engl I could find in my city) though I wasn't allowed to crank it. I found it was great for metal core and had awesome sounding palm mutes for the breakdowns and quick little verse riffs. It was very quiet as well and didn't seem to hum like most other high gain amps I have tried. It looked like it was built very well and would last for ever. I've heard that the powerball series are killer amps to.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
dont think that you will get a good quality head and cab for like 1000 euros. but i would say look at hughes and kettner, ashdown if you can still get hold of them becasue there discontinued.
both have great range in sounds, probs the ashdown are better for metal
I used to have an ashdown tube combo. I returned it because it was extremely heavy on the bass and didn't have a good metal overdrive. Its more suited to hard rock.
I still couldn't believe the amount of bass the amp had.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
i really want an ashdown at the moment, the fallen angel stack version, i played one a while back with my metal muff pedal on it and it was amazing. just need to get the funds to buy one off ebay tbh
Thats cool that you like it. I was just throwing my opinion out there.
I am just a strong believer that your distortion should come from your amp.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
6505, Randall RG or Crate V series but they can be fizzy and grainy..then a maxon 0D9 and a marshall 1960a cab (dont get vintage 30s as the amp is mid heavy already). I wouldnt get a Laney VH or whatever its too Britished voiced.

If you dont wanna carry all that crap and wanna save cash a guyatone metal monster pedal, di box and you are talking 500 euros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEssXFNVqM
^ If you tell him to get the Marshall 1960A cab and to avoid V30's, where's the point of getting a V30's 4x12 cab then?

Since you're in Europe, I clearly recommend you Engl or Laney, since they're cheaper here than in the States. Maybe something like a used Fireball or Screamer, or one of the big Laney LC's.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby