I have a vox da5 and there are problems with it.sometimes the wah, delay and reverb doesn't work or cuts out when i am playing, so i took it to the store... they said they didn't find anything wrong about it
it was probably fine when they tried it out, but it occurs only on certain moments. that's what i told thembut they didn't really believe me...
it is bugging me and i would like a replacement for it, but i can't get one unless i really screw it up myself and in a way that they can't see it, so that they will get me replacement and i can finally use my effects properly again.
what parts should i try to break and how ?

take your bass player and tell him to headbutt it. he will. it will solve two problems

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Uh, if you can, disconnect the speaker and then turn it on. Or do what Hankey said. Much smarter.
Quote by Denthúl
Uh, if you can, disconnect the speaker and then turn it on.

allright ! and they won't notice that i did it on purpose ?

will it be completely broken, as in not fixable any more ?
Depends. Does the speaker plug into the back of the amp or is it directly connected?
Quote by CryingAlone
take your bass player and tell him to headbutt it. he will. it will solve two problems

LOL!!!!!!
you coudl get a bass then play teh amp on full volume and full bass, it should blow the speaker.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
if you open the amp they will know because the screws will show signs.

you need to make sure that any wire you disconnect is done so without opening the amp.

i say this, because i dont remember if you have an open or closed back amp.

a little water might do the trick. but i suggest you crank the amp, play it at max plenty of bass, and click the knobs, if there's something wrong with the amp, constant use will bring it out.

all the da5's ive played have been buzzy. i suggest you buy a micro cube if given a swap option.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Pouring water inside and turning it on might help. It could also get you killed.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
^^ Even if it's open-backed, the wires would have to be removed and then re-attached using a soldering iron, which could easily indicate that it had been messed with.
Quote by jj1565

you need to make sure that any wire you disconnect is done so without opening the amp.

i say this, because i dont remember if you have an open or closed back amp.

a little water might do the trick. but i suggest you crank the amp, play it at max plenty of bass, and click the knobs, if there's something wrong with the amp, constant use will bring it out.

all the da5's ive played have been buzzy. i suggest you buy a micro cube if given a swap option.

i have opened the amp up before (2 months ago ago or something) so i looked at the screws now and they look perfect

why ? i have this piece that i can get off that's attached to the amp with velcro by the way.

closed normally, but as i said if i wanted to i could make it an open back

the da5 doesn't have an equalizer.

i liked it more than the cube

Quote by Denthúl
^^ Even if it's open-backed, the wires would have to be removed and then re-attached using a soldering iron, which could easily indicate that it had been messed with.

i don't think i need a soldering iron because i just pulled the two thingys off of the speaker and i'm sure i could put them back on just as easily

so if i turn it on now, it will be messed up and they won't be able to see that i did it on purpose ?
probably. The output transformer gets fried or something when there is no speaker load.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
probably. The output transformer gets fried or something when there is no speaker load.

There is no output transformer in that amp. I'm fairly sure there are no OT's in most SS amps.
my bad. nm then
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by Denthúl
Uh, if you can, disconnect the speaker and then turn it on. Or do what Hankey said. Much smarter.

ok I tried this but it's still working perfectly ?
Turn it on then try and play something through it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Turn it on then try and play something through it.

that is what I did... at max volume to.
Quote by fender&gibson
ok I tried this but it's still working perfectly ?

I wish my amps would keep working after a fire...
Quote by mr_hankey
I wish my amps would keep working after a fire...

haha i didn't do that lol, but i unplugged the speaker.

what could i try and screw up from the circuit ? because if i blow the speaker chances are that they'll just replace the speaker.
Quote by CryingAlone

I laughed forever at that.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by jj1565

or tell them you tried to check what's wrong?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
or tell them you tried to check what's wrong?

Once you open up an amp that usually voids any and all warranties and/or return policies.
Give it to a metalhead and watch his head explode and destroy the amp when there's no mid control to turn down.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Water + Electricity DO mix. Get it over the speaker cone too.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.