Hi!

I'm planning to get a Jackson RR3, it has a Floyd Rose. And I've heard that they are hard to tune, why?

And what are the other problems with Floyd Rose?
Floyd Rose = good
Liscenced Floyd Rose = Bad

Once you set them up a specific way they aren't too hard to tune... but if you want to mess around with different tunings and different types of strings then they can be a pain.
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-1000 w/ EMGs
Ibanez S470DX w/ Duncan JB & 59'
Schecter C-1+
Peavey 5150 Combo
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD-808
MXR 10 band eq

WTB:
-Delay Pedal, 2 Veteran 30 Speakers, Duncan Blackouts set, Reverb Pedal
They're not really difficult to tune, it's more time consuming than a normal bridge though

An FR is probably the trem you'll ever find though.
Quote by guitarded88
Floyd Rose = good

Once you set them up a specific way they aren't too hard to tune... but if you want to mess around with different tunings and different types of strings then they can be a pain.

not always, some of the Jackson ones are really good!!
Jackson floyd rose are awesome.

But the RR3 is a piece of uncomfortable crap, with a horribly small neck radius. I suggest you get a dinky or something, for just basic playing comfort.

JUST DON'T TAKE ALL THE STRINGS OFF AT ONCE
Some licensed FRs by Ibanez are awesome.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
I hate these threads.. but if it's an original rose than it's good. If you know how to tune them, it's a wonderful addition to have.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Mazzakazza
Jackson floyd rose are awesome.

But the RR3 is a piece of uncomfortable crap, with a horribly small neck radius. I suggest you get a dinky or something, for just basic playing comfort.

JUST DON'T TAKE ALL THE STRINGS OFF AT ONCE

Don't go calling the RR3's neck crap, it has the best neck I have ever played, I used to think that necks cant get better when I used to have the Ibanez RG321MH and then when I played the RR3 for 5 minutes I went mad with love. You're entitled to your opinion but you might want to state it in an objective manner the next time.

The Jackson Floyd rose is very good, I haven't had any trouble with it, but if you are going to change tunings all the time then I recommend a fixed bridge.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Last edited by breakstuff at Apr 9, 2008,
Quote by guitarded88
Floyd Rose = good

I think you mean: generic non-low-profile LFR on cheap guitars=bad. The Ibanez Edge, Edge Pro, Lo-pro, and the Jackson JT580 are all LFRs, yet they're all top notch (the JT580 not as much, but it's still decent).

And doesn't the RR3 have the same neck as a Dinky, or at least close?
Quote by guitarded88
Floyd Rose = good

ZR, Edge, Edge Pro, ZR Pro, Lo-Pro are amazing trems

Personally, i hate the OFR because the bars thred into the tremolo, they dont push in.