apart from tuning and restringing?

till now I always avoided guitars with tremelo since I tune alot back and fort between stand e and drop d. But I got interested in ibanez lately for their necks and weight. I want to buy a rg out of the prestige series. But most non tremelo rg are quite pricey while there are cheaper tremelo rg.
They tend to get dirty and rusty. Not so easy to clean (ie taking it apart & putting it back together).
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
The tremoloes on the cheaper models are of rather low quality.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
The cheap RG trems are Edge 3s, which are terrible, and have a tendency to become unplayable after about a year or so. Go for one of the S series if you want a solid, good value trem.
Since the tremolo bridge moves around, it gets affected by other strings, you can test this buy first pluck the (open) low e and then the high e (for example) you should be able to hear how the pitch of the low e changes somewhat. This might not be possible to hear on expensive tremolo guitar, I don't know since I only use non-tremolo guitars.
yer ure strings dont go out of tune if you break one like on a floyd rose, ibanez edge pros are the best trems, especially the S models cause they dont go out of tune at all even after string breaks. generally its just quicker to change strings on a stop tail/ thru strung guitar.
id argue that stop tails are more comfortable too cause theres no sharp bits.
o and u never hav to really set up a stop tail or thur strung guitar cause the bridge doesnt move
ive had an edge 3 and a proper floyd rose and was never happy with em so ive got a tune-o matic now and im now happy trems just arnt my thing and what 601210 said

well yeah I'm basicly only interested in their necks for some fast shred fun, not planning to gig with it. Guess ill just buy a cheap RGR321
Quote by Tsen
well yeah I'm basicly only interested in their necks for some fast shred fun, not planning to gig with it. Guess ill just buy a cheap RGR321

i have one they are imo amazing for the money

Quote by Tsen

Good choice. Cheap and cheerful, with the best neck you'll find for the price.

I don't work for Ibanez
Last edited by webbtje at Apr 9, 2008,
You can buy some cheaper RG models without a trem through Guitar Center. I have an RG3EX1, which is basically an RG321 with a fixed bridge and string-through body. It's also got a killer looking quilted maple top.

I think they go for about $350-400. There are also some better quality fixed bridge models that are guitar-center exclusives.
I used to play Les Paul's almost exclusively so I got used to never having a trem. Currently my main guitar has a Floyd, but I completely blocked it the other day just to speed up string changes (I never used it anyway).

Fixed bridges generally: are much simpler to work with, are easier to set up properly, are less prone to wear/breakage, sustain much longer, cost less, etc. On the other hand a well situated trem is a lot of fun.

I did fall in love with the idea of having a locking nut and microtuners. Even if I (very unlikely thought here) get rid of my current guitar, I'll likely look into a fixed Kahler and an appropriate locking nut for my next one.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
i play a schecter damien with a floyd rose...and its rele easy to go to standard to dropped tuning...there is a little fine adjustment knob on the bottom that will let u tune each string up or down about 1 step with out having to undo anything...

basically, if u can learn how to work it, then a good tremolo system is a good investment
I got a damien fr. Worst choice of my entire life....i wish i got a fixed bridge soooo bad but ehhh its all good. The point is if you plan to shred, floyd rose style trems are good. If you think you might do a TINY bit of other stuff with it, it might get on your nerves....but there are some bonuses, doing short quick pull backs sounds great