I am looking at buying an amp from the US but i live in australia. I think we have different voltages in our home and was wondering if this would cause and problems with the amp. My old man works in the US and has brought home computers from the US and all we had to do was use these converters so that the plug fits ours plugs. Is there any troubles with this?
u'll need a step down transformer.

US uses 110v and Aus uses 240v
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Amps generaly dont have variable voltage controls.

You need a step down transformer. See DSE, Tandy, Jaycar, etc
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Or, replace the transformer for a 240v spec for about $300-500 depending on the model, and never have to worry about it ever again, and get better resale value

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
Or, replace the transformer for a 240v spec for about $300-500 depending on the model, and never have to worry about it ever again, and get better resale value

This is the easiest way of doing it. If you're lucky, the transformer will already have a 240V tap that you can use, meaning you won't have to replace the transformer.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by ormsby guitars

Thanks for the help everyone, i think i might go with the step down transformer. I appreciate the above tip but unfortunately that would only leave about 100-200 left for the actual amp lol. Thanks again.
Quote by porter_668
Thanks for the help everyone, i think i might go with the step down transformer. I appreciate the above tip but unfortunately that would only leave about 100-200 left for the actual amp lol. Thanks again.

In that case you're probably better off just getting a 240V version of the amp in the first place.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."