Hey there,

what is the function of the left cable in the picture?!

Its from my uncle's record player and he has a new amp but it has no input for it so he's wondering what to do with the cable.

Thanks for the answers.

Julius
Attachments:
cable.jpg
Last edited by hirkammett at Apr 9, 2008,
Earth wire.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It's ground. Attach it to the ground lug on the back of his new amp.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
its a ground wire. If you don't connect it you will get a lot of noise coming through your speakers, and you might have other problems. You should have a little bolt/screw thingy with a star washer on the back of the stereo and just need it put the wire under the star washer. If you don'ty have one you can ground it under any screw thats in the back of the stereo.
the one where you see the wiring is to be wrapped around a certain part which will amplify the sound for you. if you dont use it, your sound isn't going to be good.
Quote by dudius
the one where you see the wiring is to be wrapped around a certain part which will amplify the sound for you. if you dont use it, your sound isn't going to be good.

No it's not, that's what the phonos are for. It's the earth. You'll get a low hertz buzz if you don't do something with it.
It looks like the yellow things been ripped of a audio visual cable to me.
Quote by josh999x
It looks like the yellow things been ripped of a audio visual cable to me.

But no matter how many people say that, they're still wrong, sorry.