So...I need to learn some new songs with quite easy solo...I can play Unforgiven, Paranoid, Stairway to heaven,Knocking on heavens door solos and maybe some other but nothing really really hard...so can you recomend me some songs?? Or it can have hard solo but pretty good rythm guitar, something like four horsemen,you know what I mean?? Thanks for help...
Megadeth - Rust In Peace... Polaris

That's some rhythm guitar playing.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
The solo for Mama I'm Coming Home by Ozzy is dead easy. You could do some chili peppers stuff too if you're into that.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Thank you...Ill try all of them but you can continue with recommending another songs....
Try Battery by Metallica, it is a lot of fun to play the rhythm, but the solo will require quite some work unless you can play the solos in the Four Horsemen then it shouldn't take you more than a day or 2 to get it down.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Last edited by breakstuff at Apr 9, 2008,
****ing hell metallica solos aint no walk in a park lol why does it take me ages to learn songs lol i bin playing 6 years.
I play guitar for about year now...half a year acoustic and second half electric...I think that Battery is ****ing hard because Jaymes plays it only by downstrokes and my wrist is not so fast still...Im working on MoP famous riff which is played after intro...I nearly have it but Im suffering from really big pain...I have to keep practising, I know...so any other suggestions???
Try the smoke on the water solo, its a fun solo to play as its incredible simple and very recognisable. Some people think smoke on the water is over played but thats just because its a classic.

****ing hell metallica solos aint no walk in a park lol why does it take me ages to learn songs lol i bin playing 6 years.

(to above): Maybe your aproach towards learning song is wrong, just try exercises that increase the quality of your playing instead of jumping for songs.
IBANEZ RG350DX
IBANEZ S470DXQM BMB
EPIPHONE EXPLORER
MARSHALL AVT150
CRY BABY FX PEDAL
Yeah thats one of the solos I forget to mention...I can play it...not perfect I have improve the sound but Im near...Its pretty good solo...
The first November Rain solo, Back in Black solo, and the Dani California are pretty easy
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Instead of selling yourself short, learn a hard song. Even if you can't complete it 100%. You can always come back later and finish. It builds your skills, if you try enough what's "hard" now, will be "easy" later. That's how you get better.

First full song I learned was Tears in the Rain by Satriani, yeah it took me a month to memorize it xD but it helped big time.
Quote by Viktor Smidy
I play guitar for about year now...half a year acoustic and second half electric...I think that Battery is ****ing hard because Jaymes plays it only by downstrokes and my wrist is not so fast still...Im working on MoP famous riff which is played after intro...I nearly have it but Im suffering from really big pain...I have to keep practising, I know...so any other suggestions???

He isn't playing just downstrokes on battery :S
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Alice in Chains - Again
Velvet Revolver - Slither
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Most Black Sabbath solo's are not too hard and fun. Great way to learn scales.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Some Children Of Bodom song's solos are easier than they look.

Every Time I Die
In Your Face
Needled 24/7

These solos are either really short or really easy. You might have to improvise on some of them if your guitar doesn't have 24 frets and a whammy bar, though.
Judas Priest - You Got Another Thing Coming
Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone
Ozzy Osbourne - Suicide Solution
Testament - ALone in the Dark!

FUKIN GENIUS! It's a totaly fun and the solos are magical!
Iron Man's solo isn't hard, but the bending and speed take some dexterity, it's the first solo I'm still trying to master. Fun as hell to play though.
Quote by RazorAlex93
He isn't playing just downstrokes on battery :S

Indeed. I thought that at first too. I also thought that the fast, pre-solo section in One was all downpicking. Man did I ever worship James and Kirk for being able to do that :P.

Also, the solos in The Four Horsemen aren't really as hard as the solo in Battery.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Supersonic all the way brilliant song. Purple haze is also very easy. Learn some arctic monkeys stuff like fake tales of san francisco if you like that kind of music.