Hey, i'm really into Math Metal bands and i'd like some more of them to listen to.

By Math Metal I mean bands like Meshuggah, Textures and Tesseract. NO MATHCORE PLEASE!

Oh and before you say anything, I did search and all I got was Mathcore bands...

Thankies
no idea wtf math metal is??? why do bands need to have these f*$ded up genres, bands just need to say what ever they play like metal, rock, hardcore, rnb and all that stuff.
I wouldn't really class Mudvayne as Math Metal Any others?

And Blanco, I kind of agree, although it does make it easier to find bands that you like by looking at specific genres.

And I define Math Metal as playing complex rhythms, like the guitars, bass and bass drum play in 3/4 and the hat and snare play in 4/4. Like a polymetrer.

Check out the bands I said above to see what I mean. I recommend Spasm by Meshuggah or Sunrise by Tesseract.
i agree with Blanco, it's ****in stupid having all these sub-genres. what the hell is 'math metal'? is it like christian rock, but instead of singing about jesus they sing about algebra?

edit: oh playing with polyrhythms? in that case TOOL are my favourite 'math metal' band, but im sure you've heard them, if you haven't then go and download Lateralus.
Quote by rich420
i agree with Blanco, it's ****in stupid having all these sub-genres. what the hell is 'math metal'? is it like christian rock, but instead of singing about jesus they sing about algebra?

Hehe you couldn't be more wrong

Listen to this song for an idea of what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvPM9D4hws

Edit, again, I wouldn't class Tool as Math Metal, but its getting closer
I was gonna give you a lot of names but until I seen math core! WTF Mathcore!? I listen to Mushuggah, I thought it was just heavy metal/death metal. LMAO @ mathcore!
Quote by gilbeaux1983
I was gonna give you a lot of names but until I seen math core! WTF Mathcore!? I listen to Mushuggah, I thought it was just heavy metal/death metal. LMAO @ mathcore!

Yea, i'm getting sick of Mathcore lol There aren't enough proper Math Metal bands around as far as I can tell.
Quote by maggot9779
Yea, i'm getting sick of Mathcore lol There aren't enough proper Math Metal bands around as far as I can tell.

I am not saying its boring or bad. Its just I never heard it was called mathcore, I listen to alot of metal music and it all seems like heavy metal to me!
mathcore is a term to describe technical and/or progressive metalcore bands like converge, the dillinger escape plan, botch, etc. it exists and its there. it sounds stupid, but its a real subgenre