The concealed weapon thread jarred my memory, and I figured I would share a funny story from my own life. This could get lengthy...I've never tried to commit it to writing before.

First, let me do some character building. My wife's uncle, let's call him Bob, recently married in to the family. He and my aunt-in-law married late, and now have two young children. They also own and operate a small business so needless to say, life is very stressful for them. He routinely drinks at family gatherings, and seems to have taken a particular liking to me. Maybe because I'm also married in to my wife's family, but that's neither here nor there.

On one occasion, I believe at my sister-in-law's wedding, he was hammered and talking to a small group of people about how he tried to sell his business as a franchise and ended up getting ripped off by the potential buyers. One by one people wandered away from the conversation until it was just him and I. We were outside away from the hustle and bustle and he began to explain to me that he was going to get some of his friends together and break this guy's knees.

Oh, did I mention that he is also a retired Navy Seal, and possesses a license to carry a concealed weapon?

On with the story:

Every Christmas we spend the day before with my wife's extended family. Bob was there with his wife and two kids as well as a swarm of other family members. The day was winding down and many people had left, and my wife and I were saying our good-byes as well. Bob decided that they should leave with us since they were parked behind us in the drive way. My wife got in our car and his wife fought to get their kids situated in their vehicle when Bob whispered to me in a slightly drunken slur, "Hey come here and check this out". Kind of awkward considering he said this while reaching in to his pants, but what was I going to do, say no? Well, out came a small handgun which he clumsily handled, pointing the barrel at me a few times.

Finally, his wife yelled for him to get in the car and I returned to my vehicle. My wife asked what was taking so long and I calmly notified her that, "your uncle just pulled a gun on me...kind of".

I've been around guns my entire life and am adamant in our right to bear arms, but I've never been more frightened in my entire life. So, the moral: Alcoholics should not be given permission to carry concealed weapons, and especially not to Christmas gatherings.
He sounds quite the character |:

But seriously I agree with the alcoholics and right to carry weapons. Regardless of whether he thought of his country, he's a danger to others.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
wow, that was a long read, but worth it man. my girlfriends dads buddy is an ex marine, and carries a bigass pistol everywhere he goes. dude scares me a bit.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by denizenz
There was no point, and I'm 26.

Woops. Consider it a compliment.
You're uh.... much.... more attractive than the average 26 year-old!

yeah, I really think they need to do a better job at screening CCW applicants, and weeding out people like that. Pointing a loaded gun at someone you don't intend to kill or seriously injure is a big no-no. Anyway that guy sounds like a total whackjob.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, I really think they need to do a better job at screening CCW applicants, and weeding out people like that. Pointing a loaded gun at someone you don't intend to kill or seriously injure is a big no-no. Anyway that guy sounds like a total whackjob.

It's a bad situation for sure. I don't know why he chose me to confide in. At least I only see him a few times a year.

I'm sure he know gun safety and proper etiquette, but being drunk kinda hinders your ability to handle things properly. Also, I couldn't believe he had a gun on him at Christmas...kids get out of hand when opening gifts and sometimes the food is a little underdone, but seriously...
Welcome to America!

If its a Right, its alright!

SO glad I live in a country where getting a gun isn't so easy, and isn't so legal.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress