Im stuck for choosing a subject to do at uni and no real options have appeared for aboout a year now.

So if your at uni what made you pick the subjects your on?

any methods of picking the right thing for me?

I dont take music seriously enought to do that.
Philosophy and ethics interest me but there is no way of getting any background knowledge where i live.

And im doing biology, computer sciences and psychology for full a levels and am picking up another AS next year aswell.

Any ideas? general inspiration needed

The British nation is unique in this respect. They are the only people who like to be told how bad things are, who like to be told the worst.
- Winston Churchill
You shouldnt choose a subject in Uni unless you know what you want to do when your older, IMO its pointless doing any subject, then trying to see what you want to do when your older
choose a subject which interests you and you'd like to learn more about. otherwise your just gonna end up doing what a lot of people i know doing, and dropping out or just drinking every night. (though that isnt always a bad thing)

if you want to do something yove never done, try looking for a foundation year option. This allows you to get more than ready for your degree when you come round to doing it.
Quote by flyingfireball

I dont take music seriously enought to do that.
Philosophy and ethics interest me but there is no way of getting any background knowledge where i live.
Erm... books?
Be SURE about what you want to do, if you enjoy it and want to learn and are passionate about it choose it. Don't do what I did and choose subjects that I was only partly interested in and they looked like an easy choice. I am changing uni's now but still that was one year wasted which my parents had to still pay for.
tbh there is too much of this "if you don't go to uni your a failure" type concept around in the UK atm, for some people they are statistically financially better off by going into a job straight after a-levels rather than taking a degree that adds nothing and just leads to a nice lump of debt.

Oh and physics is my course.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
tbh there is too much of this "if you don't go to uni your a failure" type concept around in the UK atm, for some people they are statistically financially better off by going into a job straight after a-levels rather than taking a degree that adds nothing and just leads to a nice lump of debt.

Oh and physics is my course.

All physicians are mentalists. This is fact. I've met two of them, and it is true.
Taking a year out seems like a really interesting choice and i would love to do some travelling.

And thanks for the warning about psychology

The British nation is unique in this respect. They are the only people who like to be told how bad things are, who like to be told the worst.
- Winston Churchill
Quote by flyingfireball
Taking a year out seems like a really interesting choice and i would love to do some travelling.

Just do it. It is the only advice I can give, but I cannot emphasise enough how much I feel about travelling. Honestly, best experience anybody could have.
I'd say no one could go wrong with Economics and Accounting as a course. It's interesting, stimulating, and you're pretty much guaranteed a job after it.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by saphrax
All physicians are mentalists. This is fact. I've met two of them, and it is true.

physicians are doctors, physicists are scientists.
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
I chose geography, because it was a subject I always got on with in school, and my interest in it has only developed. In my first and second yrs of uni, I chose archaeology, and a few other subjects just because they looked vaguely interesting and gave me the credits I needed. Depending on how your uni works, once you're accepted you may be able to pick almost any subject, regardless of the subjects you chose at school. In the arts faculty at least.
...Bleep Bloop...
^yeah, theres a difference, even when you do a phd and are a Dr in physics

It's worse when you talk about astronomy and people go "oh so your into hororscopes?"
Quote by Hakanku
You shouldnt choose a subject in Uni unless you know what you want to do when your older, IMO its pointless doing any subject, then trying to see what you want to do when your older

I dunno. A degree in ANYTHING will help you get a job, I mean, just having a degree is good enough for a lot of employers. My uncle has a degree in Agriculture and he's ended up running an IT business or something like that.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
If you're worried about what your career prospects might be, then take a course which is highly thought of and isn't too vocational. Courses like history (what i do ), maths, english etc. give you a few options of taking that subject further as a career, but certainly don't restrict you to it. I guess of your A levels computer science would fit this, as would biology.

There are all sorts of rumors flying around that psychology is one of the worst degrees for career prospects, as there are so many people taking it that only people with masters/phds are getting jobs. It'd certainly be worth doing some research into this before you took the plunge...

Obviously there are some career paths which need more vocational courses, so it's worth considering this too.

Anyway, i wouldn't worry too much about finding resources locally, as there should be more than enough in the university library, and available for you to buy elsewhere. The uni should give you some suggestions for this if you're particularly stuck.

I do history because it's always interested me, and it's the one subject that has been most consistently fullfilling. There's all sorts of things you can study, and leaves plenty of options for future job prospects.