So I just joined up in a new band and our first practice was last night. We didn't get that much done other than jam a little bit trying to figure out a sound we can all work with. We ended up working with a drop D heavy distortion sound ala Maylene, Flyleaf, etc. Thing is, we have 2 lead singers, one female and one male. Since we have a female singer, the band automatically decides that we should cover Flyleaf and Paramore for a while.

I don't have a problem with either band, but I want this band to be something that can be really versatile and challenge me on guitar.

With the sound that we established I'm interested in doing some I am Ghost and maybe Lacuna Coil type stuff. Stuff that is heavy and melodic.

My next practice is tomorrow. should I really be worried about us becoming just a female led pop-punk band? What should I do?

Also... my drummer has volume issues.
"There was a time you let me know
What's real and going on below
But now you never show it to me, do you?
And remember when I moved in you
The holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah"
-Leonard Cohen
No way, do some Maylene. Girl vocals on Maylene sounds awesome. Female vocals can fit anywhere, you just have to make it fit.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
hmm... I may try out some female led maylene... that could end up being pretty awesome and I could see it going pretty far in my local music scene
"There was a time you let me know
What's real and going on below
But now you never show it to me, do you?
And remember when I moved in you
The holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah"
-Leonard Cohen
Strikes me that if you have a male singer as well as a female one, your band can hardly object to a bit of Lacuna Coil coverage. I'd suggest "Senzafine", but learning the lyrics could take a while :P

You'll be able to come into your own more once you start doing originals though, so just make sure that a pop-punk vibe doesn't completely take over.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!