I have a Marshall JVM combo. To run the line out to record direct, do I flip the power switch or the standyby switch on?

The wordin in the manual, just talked in circles, but it seemed like a pretty serious thing to screw up.
You need to turn the amp on (both power and standby). Otherwise the preamp doesn't do anything.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
So just turn it on, like normal? Here is what the manual says......

STANDBY Switch and Silent recording: As stated above the STANDBY switch is used in conjunction with the POWER switch to warm up the amplifier before use and to prolong the life of the ouput valves

When the amplifier is in standby mode the whole preamplifier section continues running at its nominal voltages whilst the power amplifier remains in standby status. This allows the amplifier to be used for silent recording or preamplification purposes.

^
The power amp(red) switch gets turned on first normally, the the preamp/standby(black) switch. IMO it means the preamp switch flipped on, with the power section off. I just wanna make sure before I fry anything.
Just try it. You won't fry anything. Because it's a combo the output is always connected to a load (the speaker) and there's no issue.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower