Okay so I am REALLY excited right now. My mesa recto 2x12 cab is going to be delivered in a couple of hours and I had a couple of questions.

1. Will it rock?
2. Is making this cab stereo as simple as taking off the back and wiring each speaker separately? As in one speaker to the input jack and then the other to the parallel out jack as the second input?
3. If the wires on the inside aren't long enough can I use one of the conductors inside a speaker cable to wire it up?
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
why would you do that? wouldn't wiring it right to the input bypass the amplifier itself, thus giving you no sound?
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
I may be unclear in my explanation.

this is what i meant.

unrelated but are you from ann arbor by any chance?
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
no, i'm from commerce, just a lifelong michigan fan, currently at school in soutfield
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
oh, i was just wondering cause im going to school there next year.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
I may be unclear in my explanation.

this is what i meant.

unrelated but are you from ann arbor by any chance?

Yes, that's correct. Just remember that you've just changed the impedance of the cab.
thanks. this way the figuring out the impedance will be simple, just whatever it says on the sticker.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
i dont understand how you can play in stereo if the recto isnt a stereo head....or is it?

you didnt necessarily say you were using a recto but im just assuming...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
i am using an engl E530 and a VHT 2502
also I am planning on getting a g-major which is where the stereo would really make a difference.

no one answered question #3 and more importantly #1
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
silly me. all I had to do was clip the jumpers connecting the input and output jacks.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12