I need an advice....I'm saving for a new amp, and can you help me to decide which of these 2: VOX AD50VT or Peavey Classic 30? I need the amp for gigs(rock, some funk, some thrash metal, punk, etc)...
And I have a Yamaha EG112. Is that guitar good enough for gigs with one of those amps? Will changing pickups help to get a lot better sound?
Thanks...
Yamaha C40 acoustic
Yamaha EG 112

Yamaha GA-15

Dunlop Crybaby Original
The Peavey Classic 30 will blow the Vox out of the water
I'd go with the Peavey for sure =]

Pickups will alter your tone but nowhere near as much as a new amp will - there kind of an after thought
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
id go with the peavy n yes new pickups will help but tbh u mite as well just save up 4 a good guitar
Quote by ~Funky monk~
vox are mostly used for a clean tone, so if you use any kind of distortion go for the peavy

Not really. The AD series are modeling amps and achieve about the same degree of well rounded mediocrity in everything from squeaky clean to quite filthy.

That said, the Peavey is a vastly superior amp.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Thanks, i know what amp to buy now...But should i save for a new guitar or buy new pick ups for my yamaha?
Yamaha C40 acoustic
Yamaha EG 112

Yamaha GA-15

Dunlop Crybaby Original
I think your yamaha should suffice for gigging at the moment, but in time its probably more feasible to save for a new guitar over pickups in your current one
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...