I'd really like to make recordings of my stuff, but don't want to hire per hour at my local facility.

So I just want some brand names or products to look at. Really vague helps, any starting points welcome...Budgeting, i'm not sure how much they are, so throw anything you like out. I have no experience with recording equipment, so any advice or hints - all welcome. Thanks!
if you're looking to record a band ie drums, bass, guitar, vocals you'll want something with at least eight mic inputs, with at least 16 tracks total. i recommend some zoom products, like the mrs-1608.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
I was thinking for just myself, at the minute I'm bandless, but have a lot of solo stuff to record - I would need multiple recording channels though, to layer rythm, lead, etc. I'll check out what you said, too, though. Thanks!

More?
oh ok. well id reccomend getting something with 16+ tracks anyways so if you do ever need to record your band/ a band, you wouldnt need to do any upgrading. i have a few products in mind for you t hough, givbe me a minute and ill post some links for ya
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Personally, assuming you computer is no older than the last 2 years, I'd suggest you get a 'DAW' such as Cubase (as it's not as expensive as ProTools/Logic/etc.) and then you have as many tracks as your computer can handle, and you just buy as many mics as you'll need (obviously if that's alot of mics, you'll need to get a bigger mixer to have more mics recording simultaneously.

If it's just for you at the moment, you could try getting a mid-priced Condenser mic...if you like you could try the MXL USB 007, as that would go straight into your computer via USB and you can record into Cubase with it. That is a decent all round mic for the price and can handle guitars/bass/vocals.

Failing that, you could buy any mic you want and then D.I your guitar into a program like Guitar Rig to record the guitar sound you want.

If you want to add drums there are many paths but one such path would be to get a drum samples package like Drumkit From Hell and use that to create beats...but that's expensive and a HUGE file.
i would recommend maybe some computer based software and stuff.
for me, im pretty much a solo artist too. i have my friend doing keyboards and synths so were a two man band. i use a Line 6 Toneport GX + Acoustica Beatcraft (drum machine) + Reaper
yeah, its nothing professional but it gets me by.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.