I'm not 2 good with musical notes so i tend to play a lot of tablature. I'm quite good with chords but the musical notes thing just dont work for me.

does anyone else prefer tab?
The majority of people on this site probably use tabs, that's the main reason they're on here.

I'm not sure if this is the wrong forum... so I won't report you... yet.
Yeah,I only use tab.

I can read treble clef, but tab is just so much easier.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Tabs are the easy solution, but notes are generally better.. If you don't know the song you'd be able to play it without hearing it if you read sheet music good.. Tabs, on the other hand, can be very inaccurate.. But tabs are a lot easier for guitar.. If you don't plan on learning any other instruments, just stick to tabs
i only play the guitar so ill just stik to playing the guitar and i'm exactly the same i cant play musical notes to save me life. lol.
I can read piano sheet music but I just can't get my head around it for guitar. Tab seems to suit it a lot more.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
like, every one
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Am I the only one that enjoys playing a good classical song on the spot out of a sheet music book?
I prefer tab because they're so easy to get ahold of. Try and learn stave and junk though, it'll benefit you in the long run.
I prefer playing from sheet, its just what im used to and tab doesn't give you any indication of time or key so sheet is better in that aspect.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
If you're just a casual rock guitar player, I'm not going to be pretentious and tell you that you need to learn music notation, because you don't. There's nothing you would do that requires reading music.

However, you do need to know music notation if you are:
-studying jazz
-composing
-directing
-teaching
-a serious performer who gets contracted jobs
-a professional musician (non-rock)
-studying music in college
-in any serious non-rock ensembles

I almost never read tabs anymore. I'm involved as a violinist in many classical ensembles, which has never even heard of "tabs". On guitar, I study mostly jazz, which also uses notation. As a composer, I write out my scores in notations and give the music to musicians who know how to read notations because it's much easier and efficient to learn the music that way instead of having to tell them how to play every note.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Apr 9, 2008,
i prefer tab.. but i NEED the notes to see the note values.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt