I've had a Yamaha F3-10 for the last 3 years so I think its about time for an upgrade! I have little to no knowledge on acoustic guitars but I want to start heading down that road now, I'd be playing alot of blues/rock like Hendrix, Rory Gallagher, Pearl Jam, John Butler Trio on it and hopefully writing my own stuff.

So what would be some good dreadnought acoustics in the €600/$900 price range?

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Either a Martin or a Taylor....there are no other options :0)
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
But I hear the good Martin and Taylors are very expensive so I wouldnt touch the lower end ones!

Don't steal, don't lift
^ Martin D-15 is around 900€ new, I'm kicking myself 'cause i saw a used one for 600€ but the guy is in a hurry to sell and i can't afford it right now.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Apr 9, 2008,
Ah bummer! Yeah they seem to pop up everywhere, are they really THAT good? I mean I generally dont trust a low end product from a high end company, e.g. Marshall MG.

Don't steal, don't lift
To be honest I've never tried one, but it's supposed to be great for the price. It's all solid mahogany, and nothing like the MG. If you want something like that from Martin it's the X series.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Ah cool, I think the general consensus is that its a great guitar from what I've researched. Its very and simple and a bit boring to say the least so I'll keep looking anyway, every guitar I buy means alot to me so I have to get this right!

Any other suggestions people?

Don't steal, don't lift
if you can find it, get a seagull. they're very well rounded guitars and have excellent build quality since they're made in canada.

a martin 15 series guitar would also be great. i've played one and can tell you that it's an excellent guitar. it has a bit of a folk sound to it though, so i didnt like it nearly as much as the D-16.
Ok cool, which Seagull guitar would be best for my price range?

Don't steal, don't lift
I'm pretty set on getting a 12 string instead, does anyone know what would be the best in the €800/$1200 region?

Don't steal, don't lift
Last edited by Defunkt at Apr 15, 2008,
Bump.

Don't steal, don't lift