Page 1 of 2
Do you think it's a failing institution with more people choosing not to be married? I know a few people that think (including me) that love between two people does not have to be bound by the church or state. Yea it's romantic and all that crap but does anyone think like this too? I think marriage is over estimated.
Marriage is unnecessary IMO. You don't need a fancy ring and a contract to show someone you love them.

Plus, when you finally wake up and realise they aren't for you then they can't take half of your ****
Quote by saphrax

Marriage in my family = FAIL!

I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
It means that consistent sex with a fit girlfriend is about to turn into once a year sex with a fat bitch who hates you lol
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
you do need 2 people together to bring up a child properly, in the uk, so many couples with kids split up these days..and just look at their kids, theyre evil!
Dancing In Your Dust
I'm married. I enjoy it. I think it's highly overrated and people are very hypocritical about it, but whatever. People are hypocritical about everything.
Hi, I'm Peter
The bible says that two people should be married before the engauge in sexual relations so IMO i believe marrige fails because people break that golden rule of marriage... and therefore u fail!!!! me>u
Quote by STEALmyDOG
you do need 2 people together to bring up a child properly, in the uk, so many couples with kids split up these days..and just look at their kids, theyre evil!

Ha, thats total BS. My mom is a single parent and I turned out fine. So did the rest of her kids.........(pretty much)
Quote by Riazn Darkmage
The bible says that two people should be married before the engauge in sexual relations so IMO i believe marrige fails because people break that golden rule of marriage... and therefore u fail!!!! me>u

wtf was that
Quote by Ichimaru
I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

burned!

I think of marriage ratherer positively. Where I live, you can drastically lower your income taxes when you're married, so I'd go for it if I found someone with whom I'd want to spend my entire life.
I don't really care about the traditional, religious aspect.

Quote by Chordzzz
wtf was that

+1
Last edited by TheQuailman at Apr 9, 2008,
It's pointless and outdated.
Plus it's generally linked in with religion, which bolsters my indifference towards it.
yeah not everyone does, its not marriage so much, its just the decline in marriage just shows a decline in respect for longterm relationships...which are important for families in general
Dancing In Your Dust
Quote by Riazn Darkmage

Not everyone is Christian don't forget.
My parents did what the Bible said and they got split up.
And i had 3 parents and some how im the kid that replaces my parents shampoo with nair xD
I honestly don't know.

My parents were married for 20 years or summat? Broke up when i was about 14, I think all this bull**** about needing a 'stable environment' is kind of bull**** though;

Parents broke up, grandad died, mother's bi-sexual (and had a girlfriend at the time) so did my dad (had a girlfriend) tehy would both be in the house at the same time and it was weird as ****. But, I think they sohuld both go for and be happy, not constantly worrying and holding together a failing marriage 'for the sake of the kids'... and I did really well in all my highers and now I'm going off to university...

So, basically, the institution of marriage is not this sacred bond people make it out to be, it's something that traps to people together for the sake of security long after the feels that brought them together have died to almost nothing.

EDIT: Though it may have changed my feelings towards marriage, because I pretty much view marriage as a security trap and never want to fall into it...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Probably not the question to ask on a guitarforum consisting mostly of teenagers...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Apr 9, 2008,
Quote by Kensai
Probably not the question to ask on a guitarforum consisting mostly of teeagers...

<is 20 thank you very much!
Hm, marriage is kinda also being rushed into nowadays, or at least being engaged.

Personally I like it as an idea, although not the religious aspect, it's just like a promise that you'll treat them with respect and look after them as they deserve. Makes sense, though I understand why people wouldn't want to.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Hm, marriage is kinda also being rushed into nowadays, or at least being engaged.

Personally I like it as an idea, although not the religious aspect, it's just like a promise that you'll treat them with respect and look after them as they deserve. Makes sense, though I understand why people wouldn't want to.

Should we not treat people like this anyway? Regardless of who they are?
Quote by maggot9779
<is 20 thank you very much!

I said "mostly"

Quote by TheQuailman
What's a tee-ager, Kensai? Some sort of botanist?

*mumbles under breath*
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Probably not the question to ask on a guitarforum consisting mostly of teenagers...

+however many you want kensai
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
Quote by saphrax
Should we not treat people like this anyway? Regardless of who they are?

Yup, doesn't happen though does it.

Though honestly it doesn't always in marriages either :/
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Though honestly it doesn't always in marriages either :/

EXACTLY! There really is no point to it all. Why have all of the trouble of getting married when you can just live together, it amounts to the same thing in the end.
Quote by maggot9779
EXACTLY! There really is no point to it all. Why have all of the trouble of getting married when you can just live together, it amounts to the same thing in the end.

To be honest I can't really explain why it would really make a difference, but to me it does.
I don't know, I think I may just have more faith in marriage because my parents are like in the majority of the population that are still together and generally will be until death. It doesn't really happen anymore :/

EDIT:Also, just because SOME people don't really respect their spouse or get along with them forever doesn't mean marriage shouldn't happen.
Quote by SteveHouse
I guess if people choose to get married, then thats good, but the fact that most marriages now result in divorce, well it sucks.

I'd never want to put my kids through a divorce (if I have any).
Quote by hazzmatazz
I guess if people choose to get married, then thats good, but the fact that most marriages now result in divorce, well it sucks.

I'd never want to put my kids through a divorce (if I have any).

See, that's not a good attitude I don't think. Yes, you should care for your kids but they can survive a divorce! And if your marriage is making you unhappy and you can't fix it, then end it.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
When will you n00bs learn not to ask intelligent questions in the pit?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by meh!
See, that's not a good attitude I don't think. Yes, you should care for your kids but they can survive a divorce! And if your marriage is making you unhappy and you can't fix it, then end it.

I guess so, but divorce just seems to be happening too much.
I think everybody knows that the concept of marriage is slowly failing but thats not really the point. Some people find it very romantic and are willing to spend money on doing it eventhough the divorce rate is around 50% i think (in sweden anyways), And as long people enjoy it i dont really care whether or not it's failing or not. Let people be in love and if some people want to express their love through getting married, im all for it.
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']When will you n00bs learn not to ask intelligent questions in the pit?
Marriage is just.... ugh.

Love should not be defined by a ceremony or a piece of paper, it should be defined as the genuine bond between lovers. That's why a lot of people these days (especially in Quebec) choose to be common law. No commitments, be free, you can leave when you want, and no divorce hassles.

Don't even get me started on monogamy.
hue
Quote by maggot9779
Marriage is unnecessary IMO. You don't need a fancy ring and a contract to show someone you love them.

Plus, when you finally wake up and realise they aren't for you then they can't take half of your ****

I share this guy's sentiments pretty much
It must be much more reassuring that both of you are free to just walk away if you ever have enough of it; but even better when you realise when you wake up you'd rather be no where else and really want to be there
I think that it's a beautiful tradition that shows the kind of commitment that you want to your couple.

+1 to Kensai.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
I think that it's a beautiful tradition that shows the kind of commitment that you want to your couple.

+1 to Kensai.

+1.

I'm glad my parents never split, or else I wouldn't be in a house and the family would be struggling financially worse than usual.

Plus having step parents would be a pain in the ass, having to visit the old ones and new ones.

I'm not saying you shouldn't end a marriage if it's not working out though.
Do you think it's a failing institution with more people choosing not to be married? I know a few people that think (including me) that love between two people does not have to be bound by the church or state. Yea it's romantic and all that crap but does anyone think like this too? I think marriage is over estimated.

Im not a fan of the religious aspect but to me marridge is the ultimate romantic expression.But I can see why others see it as a pointless exercise.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Page 1 of 2