Page 1 of 3
So, I just stayed all night and well into the morning watching all the Star Wars. Phantom Menace through Return of the Jedi. My conclusion, I like number 3 the best (by three I mean episode three not episode six). Also, while the acting is somewhat better in the last three (I mean episodes 4-6, not 1-3),the first three (Episode 1-3, not 4-6) is more entertaining due to the use of cgi instead of puppets.I have also concluded that the order the movies were filmed in makes things very complicated. . Anyone else ever do such a thing? Whates your take on things?
I Like My Music Like I Like My Life

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!
My take on things?

Yeah you just wasted your life
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
ya i did watch all the old ones (4-6) in a row one night, it sure was waste of time, but good waste of time lol.
鋼の錬金術師
Star Trek is better. Way to waste your time you star-wars-noob.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
It seems to me as if star wars was planned to be the one movie (number 4) and because of the box office gross it was made into a series of films.
Why would you watch them all on one sitting? I have to admit...I did watch all 3 Matrix films in a row...but that doesn't count

PS: I prefer the old ones.
Quote by josh999x
It seems to me as if star wars was planned to be the one movie (number 4) and because of the box office gross it was made into a series of films.

whoa, could you imagine if they only made that movie, and no others?

the world would be run by damn dirty apes i bet
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
Quote by wlcm2themachine
whoa, could you imagine if they only made that movie, and no others?

the world would be run by damn dirty apes i bet

Oi no racism please. There's nothing wrong with black people.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
The story in episode 1 was bad...I don't give a damn about gungans...

Honestly, the acting was always terrible in star wars, with the exception of Harrison Ford, who plays the exact same character in a different setting in a series called Indiana Jones =/. Ewan McGregor was a good Obi-Wan...Natalie Portman is an amazing actress, she just wasn't given a whole lot to work as Queen Amidala...

Really it was Hayden Christianson that made the acting so terrible...bad choice picking a kid with no real acting experience for little vader...

Edit: Oh yea...but I wouldn't say you wasted it...I'd just say there are alot more productive things that you could do...hah
wow, Star Wars sucks
it really really sucks.
I dont get the big hype about it. It just sucks, saw them all (not in a row)
and they sucked
Quote by hemi-san
So, I just stayed all night and well into the morning watching all the Star Wars. Phantom Menace through Return of the Jedi. My conclusion, I like number 3 the best (by three I mean episode three not episode six). Also, while the acting is somewhat better in the last three (I mean episodes 4-6, not 1-3),the first three (Episode 1-3, not 4-6) is more entertaining due to the use of cgi instead of puppets.I have also concluded that the order the movies were filmed in makes things very complicated. . Anyone else ever do such a thing? Whates your take on things?

Yes. Just last week i think.

... I had no money to go out and drink. So I sat at home and unleashed my darker side. The.. nerdier side.
Hurp De Durp
I actually have a replica of the original star wars promo in my room, old logo and everything

The only bad films are I and II, least III offered... Aiming for younger audiences (very, very badly) for the lose
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
Oi no racism please. There's nothing wrong with black people.

Oh come now, you know I wasnt being racist
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
Quote by Surak

+9899797979989898 666

And TS you really think the first 3 were better due to CGI???? Are you blind? It looks like you're watching a 2 hour video game demo.

I'm starting to think that we're far enough into the future that people don't remember how movies could be good without the stupid computer graphics. Its pretty sad.
We're only strays.
Quote by Surak

+1

Quote by ChrisIsGawd
wow, Star Wars sucks
it really really sucks.
I dont get the big hype about it. It just sucks, saw them all (not in a row)
and they sucked

+1

that covers all of it for me really!
NERDBATTLE!

Wow, you like episodes 1-3 the best? DOUCHEBAG

The older are far superior, the new ones butchered the storyline and, like you said, added in alot more cgi to get the masses of people that wouldn't watch a movie for its storyline to go and watch it.
I did that once. I thought this:

"**** all happens in 4-6. They go to the death star, then have to run away. Then various characters are trapped in swamps and asteroid vagina for a film or so. Then they raid a small base with the help of some care bears, and the day is won. What???"

Most of the iconic Star-Wars style is more evident in the modern films. The old ones are actually pretty bland in retrospect. Hell, all the games and spin-offs are much better than ANY of the star-wars films.
Quote by rojomeansred
NERDBATTLE!

Wow, you like episodes 1-3 the best? DOUCHEBAG

The older are far superior, the new ones butchered the storyline and, like you said, added in alot more cgi to get the masses of people that wouldn't watch a movie for its storyline to go and watch it.

Hint: It's the same storyline you douche.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I'm starting to think that we're far enough into the future that people don't remember how movies could be good without the stupid computer graphics. Its pretty sad.

I agree with most of that. CGI does have its place though. I mean, some of the films that use it just wouldn't be the same, I can't think of any off-hand but their there.
Episode 4 came out first because it was the one that most clearly showcased 'good vs. evil'. And I sort of liked the way it came out, with the very last one released tieing everything together. And 3 is quite easily the best. And my favorite movie ever.

That last moment before Obi-Wan and Anakin fight ("Only a Sith deals in absolutes...I will do what I must." "...You will try...") is one of my favorite movie moments EVER, just because it is so god damned epic and just... GAH! I get worked up talking about it.
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Oh come now, you know I wasnt being racist

He was making a joke by incenuating that you meant black people by 'Dirty apes', and in turn making a racist comment. A twofer =3
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
This has inspired me, tonight I shall watch Star Wars!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by maggot9779
I agree with most of that. CGI does have its place though. I mean, some of the films that use it just wouldn't be the same, I can't think of any off-hand but their there.

Yeah but its really sad that any film that doesn't use it these days, like say, Collateral, is somehow no longer up to par. Which is complete BS because IMO the lack of CGI is the first sign that it might be a good movie. It means they actually had to put some thought into making it interesting.

I do agree that sometimes a movie calls for CGI to get the visual it needs. But most of the time its just out of hand. It really just ruins a movie, like say a horror movie, when you see the monster and he looks like a doctored up cartoon under a thin layer of Saran wrap.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

But movies only started having decent CGI about 5-6 years ago. And seriously, most of it still sucks.

Also, films like LOTR simply wouldn't have been so good without the CGI. Film that use it subtly and where it is needed win.

Films like Beowulf fail.
Quote by saphrax
You sir, have obviously never watched Tron.

I said decent. Tron looks like a cat's vagina on acid.
Seriously guys, this is not a thread made for Trekkies to congregate and riot against star wars. we are all entitled to our opinions. Some like Star Trek, Some Like Star Wars. For me, Star trek is to sciency, plus there is too much to keep up with. But thats my opinion, which i am entitled to. Also, "I am not the TS you are trying to flame".
I Like My Music Like I Like My Life

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!
The originals are so much better, I hate the new ones. They are seriously really bad...especially the CGI...that ruined it for me.
Quote by saphrax
You sir, have obviously never watched Tron.

Or The Last Starfighter!!

The ONLY movie so far that has 'pulled off' CGI well was Transformers. The one movie that did it right. Ironically, it seems that after that movie came out, a plethora of movies with horrid CGI followed. Like 'oh no, they used CGI to make a huge movie, we better get to copying it!' Like The Mist, for example. What the hell? Was that supposed to be scary? It looked like all they had to do was get a sewing needle and pop those tentacles.
We're only strays.
Episodes 1, 2 and 3 have some of the worst acting I've ever seen in movies. Every time Christian H. and Portman have a scene together I want to tear my eyes out. Jar-Jar Binks is the worst idea George Lucas ever had and the little aniken from episode 1 was a terrible actor.

Episodes 4, 5, and 6 are a lot better. You can't beat Han Solo, end of story.
There is no end to creation.
Quote by The Black Salts

Episodes 4, 5, and 6 are a lot better. You can't beat Han Solo, end of story.

This is what I'm talking about. How can movies made so long ago, with no amaaazing CGI graphics, still be more entertaining than %95 of the movies made today?
We're only strays.
Page 1 of 3