I've noticed everyone is starting to give up marshall heads and start using rectifiers, but then I discovered this awesome amp called jvm.
Why doesnt any one use this amp, is there any terrible secret about it?

Opinions please
It's definitely a step outside the box (and into the present) for Marshall. You have to consider the fact that it's still fairly new and that most of the target audience for this type of amp is either happy with whatever other Marshall they're using or have stopped using Marshalls in favor of other amps that suit their needs better.

As far as I can tell, the two major selling points for this thing are the Midi control options and the array of voicing options, however this is almost a self created hole that Marshall has put themselves in. There aren't a lot of old school Marshall guys that use any type of Midi setup, and most of the Midi guys stopped looking to Marshall a long time ago. If I were to wager an opinion, I'd say that the introduction of the JVM is a massively progressive step forward from a company that virtually nobody considers progressive. I think the JVM will gain more momentum, but not until the popular opinion of Marshall starts to change.

That and I can get other, and equally versatile amps for less money.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
It's a nice amp and you're capable of getting some decent sounds out of it, but its higher gain settings are just lacking in fullness and needs to be worked on imo. However, once I saw the price tag of it I was completely put off, there's much better amps for the cash, maybe if it was more the price of the DSL it would be worth it, but not at the price it's at right now.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Kendall
It's definitely a step outside the box (and into the present) for Marshall. You have to consider the fact that it's still fairly new and that most of the target audience for this type of amp is either happy with whatever other Marshall they're using or have stopped using Marshalls in favor of other amps that suit their needs better.

As far as I can tell, the two major selling points for this thing are the Midi control options and the array of voicing options, however this is almost a self created hole that Marshall has put themselves in. There aren't a lot of old school Marshall guys that use any type of Midi setup, and most of the Midi guys stopped looking to Marshall a long time ago. If I were to wager an opinion, I'd say that the introduction of the JVM is a massively progressive step forward from a company that virtually nobody considers progressive. I think the JVM will gain more momentum, but not until the popular opinion of Marshall starts to change.

That and I can get other, and equally versatile amps for less money.

For less money???

Here in Portugal the jvm is now around 1600euros, and besides this one I cant think of any other amp with this many features.

There is the triple rectifier, but its too expensive and everyone has one, so it's no fun too sound like others
The price is a big factor. The JVM is a big improvement over everything they've made since the JCM900. I'm not a huge Marshall fan, but it's about time they released something worth-while.
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a nice amp and you're capable of getting some decent sounds out of it, but its higher gain settings are just lacking in fullness and needs to be worked on imo. However, once I saw the price tag of it I was completely put off, there's much better amps for the cash, maybe if it was more the price of the DSL it would be worth it, but not at the price it's at right now.

Better yet, they are jacking it up again, another $100 across the boards according to dealers.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I played a JVM410C when I bought my SC607 and I thought it sounded awesome. Great tones on every channel AFAIC.

But, I don't really like Marshalls all that much, mainly because IMHO, they are the Gibson of amplifiers. They charge a premium for what other companies offer both better and cheaper alternatives to, and they get away with it just like Gibson because they're one of the most recognized names in the business.

Still, I won't deny that I REALLY like the JVM. For a 2x12, I thought it sounded absolutely gigantic.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by Valek Williams
I've noticed everyone is starting to give up marshall heads and start using rectifiers, but then I discovered this awesome amp called jvm.
Why doesnt any one use this amp, is there any terrible secret about it?

Opinions please

Because the Roadster/ Road King kill it. I sold mine and bought the Road King.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.