My 13 years old brother just came back from school and asked me to check if his English teacher is mistaken or not.
Basically, he had to ask questions in past form.
My brother asked "What have you done last week?", and the teacher gave him 0 points for that and said that it has to be "What did you do last week?".

But isn't the way that my brother asked right too? Or it really was wrong?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The teacher is right. your brother's way doesn't make sense.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
'What have you done last week' doesn't really make sense, so she probably marked him 0 for grammar or something?
no your brother is somewhat right. i mean you can say it like that too if you really wanted to. however the second is most common.
"Have" implies present tense.

"I have a bottle of jager last week."
"I had a bottle of jager last week."

The teacher is right. She wanted past tense, not present.
Quote by Crotanks
"Have" implies present tense.

"I have a bottle of jager last week."
"I had a bottle of jager last week."

The teacher is right. She wanted past tense, not present.

Indeed
Center
"What have you done last week?" is incorrect because "have done" is a present perfect verb which requires the time of action to be in the present... so you could say "what have you done?" or "what HAD you done last week?" but when you say "what have you done last week?" you are mixing tenses
"What have you done this last week?" would have been okay, but I think your brother was a little wrong. I mean people still say it your brother's way, but it's not gramatically correct.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
"What have you done last week?" makes sense, actually. Though it communicates something slightly different than "What did you do last week?"
Quote by Travlembo
"What have you done last week?" is incorrect because "have done" is a present perfect verb which requires the time of action to be in the present... so you could say "what have you done?" or "what HAD you done last week?" but when you say "what have you done last week?" you are mixing tenses

Exactly.

English majors for the win.