I'm sorry to say this... but, as a general rule, if a guitar costs 300 dollars more than another one (especially when you are talking about guitars under 300 dollars and all of the same "type" i.e. metal) it is most likely going to be better than the others...
First off, I am not a fan of Epiphone guitars at all. Secondly, I think Schecter offers one of the best values in the business. On that note, the C1-FR is a mighty nice guitar. It has the most professional features (EMGs, set-in neck, Original Floyd Rose trem) and seems best suited for playing metal. My vote goes to the Schecter C1-FR!
The Epi looks nice, but I doubt it does metal very well. The first Schecter has EMG-HZ pickups which are always a big no-no and the Hellraiser has great specs with EMG actives So I'd go with the Hellraiser.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Depends what you prefer in a guitar, a trem with 24 frets or a hard tail with 22 frets. The Epi will have a fair bit more balls than the Schecter due to the hardtail and general style of a les paul where the Schecter will give you a tad more versatility with the addition of 24 frets and a trem. The Schecter scorpion thing just isnt worth considering to be honest, it is slaughtered by the other two in terms of features etc.

Both are great choices and will undoubtedly do metal very easily through a nice high gain tube amp.
Go with the hellraiser for sure! The pick-ups on the first schecter (as mentioned up) are very inferior to the ones one the hellraiser. As for the Epiphone, it looks great, but it is no suited for metal.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Im just trying to work out why everyone is saying that the Epi wont be suited for metal, 2x EMG 81's with a full mahogany body and set neck w/TOM. You dont necessarily need a bar to play metal, both are very similar guitars if you look closely at the specs.