Blabbermouth:

"CELTIC FROST singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has left CELTIC FROST due to the irresolvable, severe erosion of the personal basis so urgently required to collaborate within a band so unique, volatile, and ambitious."

Sad news, the band should just split-up now. There is no Celtic Frost without Tom, it would be like Motorhead without Lemmy.

Discuss.
Last edited by InfiniteSadness at Apr 9, 2008,
They should definitely call it quits. I wanted to hear another album with their newer sound, but now I rather not.
First Stratovarius, now Celtic Frost?
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
That's insane, he can't quit, he can only stop the band from existing. What's the point if he's not with them? The rest of them should just join a new band.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
He should have just dissolved it. Celtic Frost is his child.

It's a shame though, Monotheist was a great album and I was looking forward to more.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Magero
^Or at least change the name

That's what I meant when I said join a new band - all of them together, but they need a new guitarist/singer.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Yeah, it'd be like mustaine leaving 'deth, lemmy leaving motorhead, or that stretchy dude leaving the fantastic four. I really enjoyed Monotheist as well, and i was really skeptical before it came out, i mean it was over a decade of no music from the frost.

This actually has to be a joke, it simply does not make sense for Frost to exist without him...
The stretchy dude left the Fantastic Four several times...

On topic: Wow, that came out of nowhere. It's actually sad, they are a good band.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
What? he did?
I just learned something new.

Yah, this was absolutely unexpected, and if anyone was gonna leave, i think we can all agree that Tom woulda been the last we'd have expected to. Definitely caught me by surprise
Damn.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
What a cruddy piece of news...
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
RIP Celtic Frost. BTW, I won't be suprised if no one else in the metal forum knows who they are
Ain is quite the creative force as well. His contribution to their music should not be so easily hummbugged. But, yeah....no Warrior, no Frost.
Woah. When I saw this thread I thought " no way in hell." But it seems it's true. That blows, and I agree, it isn't Celtic Frost without him. I wonder what he'll do now? I hope he keeps making music.
Quote by slayer1516
RIP Celtic Frost. BTW, I won't be suprised if no one else in the metal forum knows who they are

Celtic Frost are a pretty big band =/
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by slayer1516

ya....cause the 17 posts made before you have no idea what they're talking about
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless