Ok, I don't know the answer, so I need a little help.

A bird is in the middle of a bus.
It's flying/standing still in the air, not touching any parts of the bus.
When the bus starts driving forward, will the bird stay in the same position or will it go backwards?
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
The bird will stay in the same position, but the bus will move ahead of it until the bird splats on the back window.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by ECwomantoneman
Go "backwards" if it is indeed hovering.

Its just the bus that's moving

Like a kolibri.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
its hovering in the middle of the bus?

well it will stay in the same place relative to th outside, but the bus will move.

i think...

its just like the old argument about the Irn bru can in the back of Belinda... (if ANYONE gets the reference i will love you forever)
I guess it's a trick question, it will stay in the same place.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

it will stay stationary in relation to the ground (move back in the bus). At least that would happen if there was vacum in the bus. But since theres air in the bus, it will slowly start moving forward until it is stationary in relation to the bus.
Quote by Hoser
It will go backwards relative to the bus.

Relative to the earth, it won't move (until it hits the back of the bus of course).

This is true........You win sir.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Rather then start a new thread anyone want to throw me some help....

A turntable with a moment of inertia of 5.4 x 10 ^(-3) kg*m^2 rotates freely with an agular speed of 331/3 rpm. A 1.5g cricket lands at a distance of 20 cm from the center, which moves to to 3 cm from the center. Calculate the change in angular speed of the turntable and the work done by the cricket.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"