There is a particular term for it, but im not too sure!
thanks!

Im sorry guys...Ive just remembered!
For those of you who are wondering, its a "golden goal"

Thanks anyway!
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
Last edited by rustausa at Apr 9, 2008,
Indeed^, 'tis the golden goal. And its football, not soccer.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Indeed^, 'tis the golden goal. And its football, not soccer.

in the US it is indeed soccer cause we already have football. The same way we have fries, but you have chips, and our chips are your crisps.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Golden goals haven't been used for a while now, but I know what you mean.
Silver goals used to be popular, but now instead they just go to penalties to resolve a match.
"You wanna fuck with me, don't fuck with me
'Cause I'm what you'll be so don't fuck with me"
Quote by lepermessiah22
in the US it is indeed soccer cause we already have football. The same way we have fries, but you have chips, and our chips are your crisps.

u didnt already hav football, u had rugby but got sick of being hurt so u started wearing padding, then got tired off all the constant running about so u split the teams up into two lol, then decided to stop every now an again and hav a chat while they change over lol
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
The one that won it?
Theres' no real fancy name for it now, as they've scrapped the golden goal rule
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by TonyS42
u didnt already hav football, u had rugby but got sick of being hurt so u started wearing padding, then got tired off all the constant running about so u split the teams up into two lol, then decided to stop every now an again and hav a chat while they change over lol

I'm British, and that post made me cringe to be so.

American offensive / defensive line experience the equivlent of 50 car crashes per game. I think they deserve a little padding.

Rob
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Quote by rocknrollrob
I'm British, and that post made me cringe to be so.

American offensive / defensive line experience the equivlent of 50 car crashes per game. I think they deserve a little padding.

Rob

thank you. and the padding doesn't mean we hit less. If anything that means that we're able to hit a bit more and a bit harder than if we weren't to have pads.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lepermessiah22

Aye, but we already had Football before you decided to call yours Football.

So, that argument holds no weight. You'll refer to "soccer" as Football and your country-exclusive ball game (which incidentally requires barely any foot-to-ball contact) as psuedo rugby.

Happy?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by lepermessiah22

But its illogical to call it football, seeing as it constitutes neither use of your feet, nor a ball. Instead you use your hands and a lemon-shaped object.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
But its illogical to call it football, seeing as it constitutes neither use of your feet, nor a ball. Instead you use your hands and a lemon-shaped object.

does cricket have anything to do with grasshopper like insects? no its just a name.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Ichimaru

I like it when the punt with their hands.

Its impressive.
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Quote by lepermessiah22
does cricket have anything to do with grasshopper like insects? no its just a name.

I think Cricket is more to do with the French word criquet than it is to do with an insect.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by spotter5
Golden goals haven't been used for a while now, but I know what you mean.
Silver goals used to be popular, but now instead they just go to penalties to resolve a match.

Silver goals are still used... if scores are tied after 90 minutes then 2 extra halves of 15 minutes are played. If after that scores are still tied THEN it goes to penalties.
I play bass

John Deacon > You

Quote by TimmyPage06
Yeah I laughed there. And then realised, Ill die a virgin.